How The Grinch (Almost) Stole Christmas

Christopher's POV 

 After the phone call ended with my uncle, Alexander and I were only an hour or so away. We'd have the element of surprise, which hopefully ultimately meant that we'd be able to get my love back without much of a fight, not that we wouldn't be able to handle it. We would. Alexander had a black belt in tai kwondo and karate. I knew how to shoot a gun deadly and knew how to kill a man in several different ways, just using a paperclip. Alexander taught me the latter. He knew how to kill a man using almost anything. Since he was an ex mob member, I wasn't surprised. We stopped at a hotel twenty minutes away from Oklahoma City and got a hotel.

Once we got to the room, Alexander unpacked his computer stuff and started a trace on the phone my bastard uncle had called me with while I ordered a pizza. After the pizza hard arrived and we both had a slice, he told me that he was just half an hour away from where we were staying and was able to pull up a blue print of the house.

"On the main floor, it opens up to a living room. Past that, it splits into a dining room-slash- kitchen, which has a backdoor halfway between the two, and the other side is an entertainment room," he explained. I nodded and started checking the guns, making sure they would be ready for action. "Off to the side of the entertainment room is the master bedroom, which has a connected bathroom. The bedroom across from that is the smaller guest bedroom." I nodded, picking up and loading another gun.

"There is a basement, where she is most likely going to be. The stairs for that are behind the dining room. The garage door is also in that area. There is another set of stairs for the basement in the TV room as well, leaving us two places to get in and two places to escape." I tucked one into the waist band of my pants and since I was wearing a hoodie, I put another in there. "I don't know if its just your uncle or if he hired more help. Either way, we need a plan." I sighed, but sat down, just ready to go and get her back. Alexander gave me a weird look. 

"What?" I snapped, my anxiety, fear and exhaustion getting to me. He shook his head but pierced me with his bright, knowing blue eyes. 

"Maybe you should rest," he suggested, half heartedly. He already knew the answer to that one. 

"Hell no!" I growled at him. He looked like he was about to object again. "If this was Samantha out there, do you really think you'd rest too?" He sighed, glaring at me as he did so. 

"That's not really fair." 

I cocked an eyebrow. "It isn't?" I scoffed. "This is the love of my life we're talking about here! I'm not going to take a bloody nap when she's just a half hour away from me!" 

"Ok, ok," he growled out. "Fine, here's the plan then." 

Once the plan was made, Alexander drove. We stopped at a convenience store since I needed caffeine. I grabbed two monsters, paid and then left. Wordlessly, I handed one of them to Alexander when I got in and we were off again. Then entire ride was spent in anticipation and anxiety. I was worried that Charles would do something to her. I checked the time. We were 10 hours ahead of schedule but it still didn't ease my worry. Our surroundings were snow ridden and it was only then did I realize that it was almost Christmas. I checked my phone. It was Christmas Eve. All I want is her, I prayed, Please let her be ok. Alexander stopped and I looked up. 

"Why did you--" I started to ask, but he cut me off. 

"His house is right there," he said, pointing at a house two doors away. 

On the outside, it looked fit for the holidays. Cheery red and green lights were strung around the roof. There was a dark green wreath with a bright red bow and Christmas ornaments on the light green door. The shutters were covered in icicles and the bushes were covered in snow, as was the rest of the yard. There were big open windows overlooking the yard, a nicely decorated Christmas tree on display, the red, blue and green lights glittered around the white and random decorations while strung popcorn interwove itself in between the emerald branches of the tree. There was no movement inside, that we could see anyway. From the outside, no one would guess that a mad man had the love of my life hostage in the basement.