A Night In

*Alexander's POV* 

Sam and I were sitting at my place. Dinner was done and the dishes were in the sink. She was curled up next to me, her head on my shoulder, her feet tucked behind her. My arm was around her as we watched Dominion (it's a fairly new show, but I love it! Don't judge). We were watching the latest episode. When a commercial came on, I got up and got ice cream. She had been whining about it all day and I knew she'd love it. I came out, right before the last commercial ended, with two bowls of rocky road ice cream. I smirked as her eyes lit up when she saw the bowl. A grin etched itself onto her face. 

"Thanks babe!" she said before she took a bite. I sat down and she snuggled close again. We ate in silence while we finished the episode. I set my bowl on the coffee table and put my feet up. A sexual scene came on and I saw Sammy's face get red out of the corner of my eye and turned away from me and the T.V.. I paused it and turned to look at her. 

"It's just sex," I said. She rolled her eyes. 

"They aren't even married," she said, a twinge of regret in her voice. I shrugged. 

"Neither were we," I reminded her. She pulled away, hanging her head. 

"I know," she murmured. I groaned internally as my mind went back to the night at the hotel, at our anniversary. Did she regret that? Did she regret me? 

"Do...." I was hesitant to ask her. What if she did regret it? What if she regretted everything? "Do you regret it?" I asked, quickly, thinking it'd be the easiest route. She didn't answer me. I leaned back, trailing a hand down my face as my emotions ran through me. Guilt for putting her in that situation. She'd told me she wanted to wait until she was married. Loss. If she regretted that night, then she regretted me and I'd lost her. Lust; as I remembered that night. Awareness. I could very much lose her now, if I hadn't already. 

"I'm not sure," she finally said. My head snapped towards hers. She was still looking down at her hands. There was pain and mixed emotion clearly written on her face. I sighed and scooted closer, hating the fact that she flinched away. 

"I'm sorry," I said. She looked up, her eyes wide. "I should have waited, controlled myself, around you. Please don't leave me." 

She laughed. "You think I'm going to leave you?" she asked, incredulously. I nodded, uncertainty flowing through me. "Alexander Peirce, I am not going to leave you. That night....was amazing. I did enjoy that night, but a part of me wishes I had waited for my wedding night." 

"Why?" The question slipped out of my lips before I could stop it. 

"Because I'm afraid you're going to leave me," she whispered, her head falling down. My hand came up and carressed her chin, tugging it up so she'd look at me. Her brown eyes caught my blue ones. 

"Samantha Elizabeth Taylor, I will never leave you," I said, sternly. A smile tugged on her lips before it dissapeared. 

"I've been told that before," she said, looking down. I groaned, letting my hand drop. 

"Are we really going back to our first date? Those insecurities that you have towards men?" I asked, irritation in my voice. I looked at her. "Samantha, I've already told you. I am not like other guys. I love you, so so much and I'd do anything for you at this point. I will never interntionally hurt you and I will not leave you. Please, don't let the fuckers who ruined your trust in romance, in men, ruin your trust for me!" I had slipped down onto my knees and taken her hand. She looked up, tears in her eyes as she looked at me with love mixing in. She nodded before she threw herself at me. I caught her in my arms and held her close. 

God, I loved this woman, Despite her mistrust in me, and that stung a bit, knowing that you're own woman didn't trust you. I meant everyword of what I said and I hoped she believed it. She clung to me before she pulled away slightly, so she could look into my eyes.