After (pt 1)

*Chris's POV* 

It all happened so fast...

She lost control of her car...

The front of her car crashed into the wall... 

I pulled up and got out of my car before I managed to come to a complete stop.

I slipped, but got up, my phone in my hand, calling 911. 

I was pulling her out of her car, which the front end was currently on fire,

I held her body to me.

There was a lot of blood.

I didn't know wher eit was coming from.

A few shards of glass were embedded in her skin, on her chest, stomach, arms.

Everywhere.

I checked for a pulse as instructed by the 911 operator.

The ambulance showed up, the lights nearly blinding me. 

They took her away from me, one of them having to hold me back to keep from getting in the ambulance too

They said they'd need all the room they could get.

And:  

"Unstable. Losing blood. Might loose the baby. Or the mom or both." 

My leg kept shaking as I sat in one of the hopsital chairs. I had already called Alexander, Sam and Kate and told them what happened. I had to swallow several times to be able to form any words. They should be getting here any moment. But until they came, guilt was eating me inside, tearing apart every inch it could. My leg was shaking violently as I was on the verge of tears. 

I never should have left her. I never should have gone to England. I should have been there from the beginning of the pregnancy. I should have waited for her to come back. I shouldn't have chased her away. I never should have allowed her to get out of the apartment. I should have kept my focus on her. I should have gotten out and tried to talk to her at the red light. I should have done everything I didn't do. I raked my hands through my hair and groaned. What is taking them so long? Is she ok? Is our little baby ok? Where is the doctor? Where are Sam and the others? Where is anyone? 

As if on cue, the doors opened and Sav's best friends ran in, followed by two men, who looked solem as they trailed after the ladies. Sam and Kate came up to me, their faces a mixture of shock, anger, sadness and regret. I stood up to meet them and I opened my mouth to say something, anything. I was instantly slapped by Sam. 

"You fucking asshole!" she said, tears already falling. "You couldn't have stayed away? Huh? Or at least fucking stayed like you were supposed to?! It was your job to make her happy and keep her safe. You weren't supposed to do this to her, not you!" She collasped into Kate's arms, who then motioned Alexander to console his girlfriend. Sam clung to Alexander as sobs racked her body. I looked to Kate, ready to explain. 

She slapped me too. 

"You fucking knew about everything that hapenned to her and yet you still left," she growled. "I'm glad you're a good guy and was willing to come back to support their child and baby mama, but you didn't have to fucking leave her! You broke her! Beyond anything anyone else has done! Christopher, I hope she never forgives you and raises your child with someone else!" Kate huffed before walking off, muttering about whiskey or tequila. 

The new guy whom I didn't know stared at me. 

"I'm Chris," I said, offereing my hand, while my other massaged my face. He glared at my hand before he punched me.