The Night Back

Savanna's POV 

Chris caught me easily and he held me to his chest, his calloused hands massaging my sides. I sighed, revelling the strength of his arms and how it felt for him to hold me. God, even though it's been a week, it felt like so much longer. He buried his head in my hair and I kissed his neck softly. God I missed him. He pushed me back a bit to look into my eyes. 

"I missed you so much," he said before capturing his lips with mine.

I didn't have the chance to say me too, so I just showed him how much I did. I kissed him harder, nipping his bottom lip and massaging his tongue with mine. The force of my kiss nearly made us fall backwards onto the floor. He chuckled and pushed me backwards so I was now against the bed and he was on top of me. His hand traveled to my shorts and then they were gone, tossed into the black hole that was our room. I giggled as he pulled away fro a moment to strip himself of his clothing. I took that opportunity to remove my shirt. 

He came back quickly and he kissed me before kissing me from my lips to my stomach. I squirmed beneath him and lifted my hips so his hardness brushed against my core. God I needed him. His groaned and pushed into me, making me scream in pleasure and grind onto him. He grunted as he pounded into me. This was just raw sex, fucking if you will. We could make love later. Right now it was all about getting out what we felt, missed and needed. 

After we had sex multiple times, each time being more gentle than the last, Chris and I stayed cuddled up under the blanket. I was laying half on his chest and half off, drawing circles on his chest, playing with his chest hair. His arm was splayed out under my pillow and the other was rubbing my thigh which was over his leg. We soon fell asleep like this. 

The next morning, Chris and I made love once before we made breakfast together. We were practically attached at the hip throughout the morning, though he seemed a bit distanced. I wanted to ask him what was wrong, but I worried that it was all in my head and I didn't want to ruin the mood. We were so in love and so happy together after being seperated. After we had breakfast, we made love again. You could say it was a lot of sex, but I missed him and I know he missed me. This is what we do and how we do.  

"Sav," Chris hummed to me while we relaxed on the bed after yet another taxing round of sex. I looked up lazily, more than ready to fall asleep again. 

"Hmm." 

"I need to tell you something," he said, the tone in his voice making me sit up and look at him. I gave him a go on face, concern etched into that as well. He took a deep breath and went on. "He was my father." I gasped. 

"That's great baby! Did he explain everything to you about why he and your mom pretended to be dead?" I asked. He nodded. 

"Yes. At the time, my grandfather died, leaving a huge inheritance to my father and my uncle tried to kill him for the money. Though my dad is alive, my mum died a while back from cancer," he explained. 

"I'm so sorry," I sympathized, rubbing his chest before I leaned down and added a kiss. He nodded, his eyes flashing to me briefly, before he stared at the ceiling. 

"That's not it." I frowned. This did not sound good. "They're having a long legal battle that's lasted since the assassination attempt when I was ten til now to prove that my uncle tried to kill him. My father needs me to be there to testify on how obsessed my uncle was about the money. I have to go to England again tomorrow and I'm not going to be back for god knows how long."

I shook my head, trying to understand what he was saying. I knew for sure that this was not good. It sounded like he was leaving again after he just got back to me. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. He sat up, tears and regret in his eyes. 

"I mean, that I have to go back to England, and I might not come back," he said, gruffly. Tears sprang in my eyes. 

"You're leaving?" 

He nodded. I wiped the few tears that escaped. 

"So what does this mean for us?" I asked. He looked down. 

"I can't make you commit to me while I'm an ocean away, in another country on another continent. It wouldn't be fair to you or me. I can't tie you to me when I'm not going to be able to be good to you and give you the man you deserve to have," he responded.

I felt like I'd been stabbed in the chest. Repeatedly. With a hot iron poker. By someone with superhuman strength. I felt like I couldn't breath. I think I might pass out.

"I'm so sorry, Savanna. You have no idea how hard this is. I meant to tell you last night and have a clean break, but I couldn't. I missed you so much I had to have you again." 

I looked up. "So this was just a fuck and leave then?" i snapped, letting my emotion take control for a moment. He shook his head. 

"Babe," he begged. "You know that is not what I meant. Don't twist my words because you and I both know I love you, but I can't be with you. My father also doesn't approve of me being with Americans." 

"So we're over then?" I whispered, unable to speak louder than that at the moment. He nodded slowly, clearly regretting this. Me too, Chris, I thought before I sighed and kissed him, hard and passionately one last time. I couldn't stay here longer not with his heartbreak. 

"Goodbye then Chris. I love you," I said before I got up and changed into some clothes, right in front of him, kind of showing what will walk out of the door if he does nothing. I knew better than to expect him to say something. This was not a freaking book. No one gets the scenario they imagined in their head. So I grabbed my bag and left, leaving my ex-boyfriend, lover, and most possibly the love of my life, behind. 

AN: One nicer chapter to make up for the long wait for the last one. *hides* please comment on what you thought of the chapter. I know it was sad. I teared up while writing this. It had to happen though.... maybe. No throwing things.