Month 3

*Savanna's POV* 

After a couple weeks of work, Sam and Kate pcked me up. Turns out, Sam had set up another appointment for me late in the month. When we went, I apologized to the nurse for the last time I was here about my behavior. I explained to her that it had been a sensitive subject for me at the time and she didn't deserve me snapping at her and for that I was dearly sorry for my unruly and disrespectfuly behavior. She just smiled and gave me a hug before dismissing my apology, claiming she should have been a bit more aware of the situation than she was and that there was really nothing for me to apologize for, even though that made me apologize again.

After we hugged it out, she motioned for me to get onto the patient bed. So I lifted my shirt up and lied down on the bed. Sam and Kate were both here, sitting next to me, anticipating seeing my llittle soon to be bundle of joy. I chuckled at their faces. They looked like little kids at a candy shop window, devouring the sight with their eyes. The nurse squirted the gel onto my stomach and I shivered as she rubbed it all over my stomach, leavin goosebumps in her wake. Jeez, that gel was so cold. Did they keep it in a fridge or deep freezer? She turned on the ultrasound machine, which turned on with three small high pitched beeps before the screen turned on, and gently pressed the camera tool onto my stomach. 

A heartbeat. 

That was the first thing that stood out to me. It brought tears to my eyes. My little baby! You have a heartbeat. It was so beautiful. I looked at Sam and Kate and both had silent tears dripping down their faces. My little baby. 

Ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum. 

The steady heartbeat was music to my ears. So beautiful. Oh, my little baby... 

"They sound perfect. No irregularities, no visible signs of disformaties or anothing. They're going to be a perfect child," the technition said, her eyes still on the screen in front of her, examining the black and white blob that sort of resembled a baby. I couldn't tear my eyes off of it. That was my baby. That was going to be my little boy or little girl.

Wait, they?? 

"Twins?" Sam and Kate asked incredulously both speaking the question on my mind, their eyes were still glued to the monitore. I was too stunned  at my baby's heartbeat and little form to say anything or look away from the screen. The nurse just smiled at us, shaking her head softly. 

"Oh, no I'm sorry! I'm afriad not, just the one little guy or girl. I just said they because I'm still unable to see if it's a boy or a girl yet," she explained. "I'm sorry for the confusion." 

Sam and Kate deflated a bit, but still looked aweingly at the monitor, their facial expressions mirrioring mine, full of love, awe and anticipation. 

"My little baby," I murmured softly. Then the thought crossed my mind.... Maybe I should tell Chris too? After all this is his child too.... As if Sam knew what I was thinking, her eyes found mine and she simply nodded. I looked away and just stared at the monitore. Oh, my little baby. 

Once the ultrasound was wrapped up, the nurse handed me a small photograph of my baby. I took it with tears in my eyes before I hugged her. She smiled as I let her go and promised we'd find out what I was having next time. I  made her pinky promise me that we would before I left. Sam and Kate helped me out the door, though I didn't need their help, as I rubbed my stomach on the way to the car, still in awe after my appointment. 

My little baby, growing up perfectly. You're going to be loved so much, I thought as I got in. Sam and Kate drove me home since I took the day off for the appointment. Sam escorted me to the door, where Alexander was waiting for me. He took me to the couch, and gave me ice cream. Sam kissed him and left, going back to work like Kate. I showed him my ultrasound picture and just went on and on about how beautiful the child was going to be and I couldn't wait to have him or her. I wanted a girl.