Chapter Seventeen (Fern) Last Chapter

Aurora’s POV

            Waking up the next morning, I sigh. Things finally feel right again. Is that wrong? I don’t think so.

            I nuzzle my head further onto Zayn’s bare chest, welcoming the comfort and closeness. I thought when we were together that that was the closest we could have gone—hugging and sweet kisses. But… I felt like I was now a part of him. And he was a part of me.

            Shrugging off my happy mood, I unwrap myself from him and kiss his forehead, smiling at his sleeping complexion.

            “Time to get uuuuup… it’s time to get uuuuupp…” I mumble as I flip over a few pancakes at the same time. I’m growing impatient—Zayn still isn’t up and thriving after finally getting back together.

            Whatever.

            I laugh as my brother stumbles out of his recording room with a groggy look on his face—clearly a hangover. “Gimme my coffee sis,” he slurs and I slide him the warm mug of brown stuff. His hands fumble to catch it but succeed, as I wipe metaphorical sweat off my forehead. All I need is another mess to clean.

            Other then Zayn’s chest I think dirty mindedly as I smirk at the frying pan filled with pancake batter.

            I hear a husky “Babe?” come from my room, and I snicker and respond back.

            “In the kitchen!”

            His sock-covered feet shuffle onto the laminate floor, sniffing the air. His arms wrap around my waist as he kisses me on the neck, butterflies swarming up my stomach.

            “I love you.” He whispers and nibbles my ear, and I can smell his scent. Cinnamon. Smoke. Laundry detergent.

            Me.

            Just as I roll my eyes at my train of thought, the last pancake is flipped and I lay them all out on a plate neatly. One for Zayn, one for me. He has four; I have three. “Bon appétit.” I say, flicking my wrist on the corner of the square plate, sliding it to a stop at Zayn’s kitchen stool. He laughs and pries his hands from my waist and walks over to his seat.

            “Thankyou babe.” He mumbles and stuffs a pancake in his mouth, already covered with syrup and butter.

            “Blueberry syrup?” I question, and he shakes his head no. Fine. Be that way. As I drizzle it across my pancakes and stuff a first bite in my mouth, I catch him eyeing me up.

            “What are you looking at?” I enquire teasingly.

            He replies with a simple, “You’re beautiful, that’s all.” Making my cheeks tinge pink.

            I grasp his hand and squeeze it, letting it go and pecking his cheek. “I’ll be back.” I say mischeviously, and wander off to my vocal room.

            This is the only room I really open up to, and I smile.

            “I wish I was strong enough to lift not one, but both of us.” I sing.

            “Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.”

I wish I was strong enough to lift not one but both us
Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us

Ever thought about losing it?
When your money is all gone and you lose your whip
You might lose your grip
When the landlord tell you that you're due for rent
And the grass so green on the other side
Make a nigga wanna run straight through the fence
Open up the fridge about 20 times
But still can't find no food in it
That's foolishness
And sometimes I wonder
All we care so much about the way we look
And the way we talk, and the way we act
And the clothes we bought, how much that cost?
Does it even really matter?
Cuz if life is an uphill battle,
We all try to climb on the same old ladder
In the same boat with the same old paddle
Why so shallow, I'm just asking
What's the pattern to the madness?
Everybody in a #1 draft pick
Most of us aint Hollywood actors
But if it's all for one, and one for all
Then maybe one day we all can ball
Do it one time for the underdogs
Sincerely yours, from one of y'all

I wish I was strong enough to lift not one but both us
Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.”

I lose myself in the song, singing it over and over. Somewhere in the middle I can hear the front door open and close. But before I can even think to stop, a voice scares me the most.

            “Aurora, why didn’t you tell me you sang like that?” Zayn.

            As I turn around, I start to hyperventilate.

            Standing there along with Zayn is Louis. And he just heard me sing.

A/N Hey everybody! Just before you go hyperventilate just like Aurora and cry that this is the end of the book, WAIT.

THERE IS A SEQUEL COMING SOON. It's called 'Little Secrets.' WATCH OUT FOR IT. It's the second and last book in the serious. SO HERE YA GO. How'd you like Nobody Knows? <3 -Tallie & Fern xo

This book was finished on the 19th of October, 2012.