Chapter 9 : Anniversary Showcase

Dedicated to Daniel. Not the one from before. This is another Daniel, a nicer one who I've talked to a couple of times, on and off. I consider us friends but I guess sometimes you're just too busy and drift away from people. He's a really nice person though.

Chapter 9 : Anniversary Showcase 

It has been a month since the fight between Mom and Dad broke out. The situation hasn’t gotten better since. Dad offered Seb and Sam a place to stay in our spare rooms. Mom snapped when she found out and screamed at Dad for an hour, ever since she’s been camping out in her study. Blake, Q, Dyl and I were all worried but what could we do?  It was Mom and Dad’s business. But we could do is ease the tension and that’s exactly what we have been planning for a month now ever since I got the idea the night Seb and Sam came to stay with us. So for the past few months I’ve been working on my song , honing it to perfection while Blake was working with Q to create the most wonderful masterpiece ever. They were working together to recreate Van Gogh’s Starry Night with their own spin on it while Dyl and Henry were planning to act out a short skit (of course they made me write a script).

All these preparations were done to be showcased on the day the Smith siblings come over. ‘Next week’ had turned into ‘next month’ because the fight had escaladed the day the Smiths were supposed to dine with us so we changed the date to the day of my parents’ anniversary, which was why we were working so hard for the line up of the showcase. While Henry was helping Dyl with the skit, Thomas offered to cook the food for the dinner while Bianca was accompanying me in my songs. 

I head to school on Mom and Dad’s anniversary, ecstatic the entire way to school.

“Kill the vibe, Van. You’re becoming all girly, that’s Bianca’s thing not yours.” Q and I turn to glare at Blake and then move on to flick him. His free hand immediately goes up to his head and starts rubbing the spot we hit him.

“Ow, what the hell was that for?”

“For being you.” Q and I tell him dryly while we high five each other. Blake just pouts like the little baby he is. Finally we reach school the same time the Smiths. We wave at them as we park our cars side by side. I feel a burst of pride seeing them, knowing that I did that; getting them back together as a family again. I exited the car along with my siblings to greet them. Blake immediately gets attached Bianca’s side. I roll my eyes at them.

“AWW SISSY, don’t be jealous. I still wuv you.” Blake says in his baby voice as he slings an arm around me as well. I throw his arm back at him before scoffing,

“Go shove your ‘wuv’ up your ass, Blakey. I just don’t want you hogging my best friend.”

“Oh please. Go make out your boyfriends or something.” He throws a look at both Henry and Thomas who were standing there awkwardly. He also made it a point to emphasise the ‘s’ in ‘boyfriends’. I hated my brother so much in that moment. I elbowed him in the ribs so hard he started yelping. This was practically Q and Dyl’s cue to leave. They say their goodbyes and leave to meet their art and drama friends, respectively. I turn to Blake,

“Now where was I? Oh right. THEY AREN’T MY BOYFRIENDS! Thomas is my English and Henry is just my really close friend. So don’t be an asshat or your girlfriend will leave you.” As if on cue, Bianca linked our arms and pulled me away to walk with her to class. I turned to smirk at the boys.

“Have fun boys.” Bianca blew them an air kiss. As we walked into homeroom, she asked me the million-dollar question.

“So how’s the song coming along for tonight?” I let out a shaky breath before answering,