Chapter 17: The Christmas Intervention

Dedicated to Kris yet again because he's speeding writing to finish NaNoWriMo. Hopefully getting two dedications will boost his word vomitting skills and all the best for NaNo, Krissy! :D

Chapter 17 : The Christmas Intervention

Mom and Dad invited the Smith siblings to stay over for the rest of Christmas break because Mom and Dad knew how happy they made Blake and I. Even though they were all given the spare rooms, Bianca and Thomas always managed to sneak out at night and Bianca would go to Blake’s room while Thomas slips into mine.

Which is why when I woke up Christmas morning, I was perfectly content waking up on Thomas’s chest. It was a comfortable place to rest my head and it was Christmas morning! Nothing could ruin this.

Bianca and Blake burst through my door seconds later yelling, “WAKE UP WAKE UP! IT’S CHRISTMAS!”

I spoke too soon.

To make things worse, they jumped on us like how little children would on their parents on Christmas morning. Usually the parents would play along but in this case, Thomas and I were the grumpy parents so we went for the alternative. We pushed them off us and threw pillows at them. Then Thomas wrapped an arm around me and I snuggled back into his chest, trying to get a little more time to ourselves.

But nope, they wouldn’t leave us alone.

“Aww come on you guys! Be fun! Let’s go bother Henry as couples.” Bianca supplied. I rolled over on my side and gave her my grumpy face.

“Bee, will you please leave me alone with my boyfriend for like ten minutes and then we’ll join you downstairs. Ten minutes is all I ask.” I plea. She seems to ponder over it before agreeing and then dragging Blake down to the living room.

“How did you do that?” Thomas asked amazed after they had left.

“Just ask her nicely. Duh.” I said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, which it was. Be nice to anyone and they’ll give whatever you want. This works most of the time.

“Why couldn’t you have bargained for twenty minutes instead of ten? Ten minutes isn’t enough time with my girlfriend. Hmm I like calling you that.” He sounds like he’s in his dreamland. His voice had that dreamy tinge to it; either that or he was on drugs at the moment. Though I highly doubt it’s the latter.

“They would have bugged us more if I asked for twenty.” I argued back, sitting up. He tugged on my arm,

“No, don’t sit up. I want to cuddle more.” He groans. I roll my eyes. 

“I promised your sister ten minutes and I will keep my word. Besides isn’t it the girl who asks to cuddle more?” I tease him.

“Sexist.” He huffs as he sits up as well. I hit him with the pillow.

“Asshat.”

 “I love you too, Vanny.”

“Oh god you sound like Blake. Alright then, off to brush my teeth and freshen up a bit.” I say before getting off my bed and make my way to my bathroom. I get to the washroom and start making myself look at least half decent. Once I’m done, I get out and let Thomas use the bathroom for his own morning rituals. After he’s done, I slip my hand in his and we happily make our way down to the living room. I was surprised to see most of the houseguests as well as Mom and Dad were awake. Granny sees Thomas and I together and she started poking fun at us.

“How scandalous. You know when I was your age…” I stopped her with a disgusted groan before she could go on.

“Granny! I do not need to hear that.” I start whining and she just ruffles my hair and laughs.