Chapter 1: Meeting Bianca

• Dedicated to Qistina

I'm dedicating this to Qistina, who has always had my back since I was 10. I'll admit the way we first became acquiant was a quite awkward experience for both of us, but not once do I regret meeting her. I love you, bestie.

Chapter 1: Meeting Bianca

I remember the day I met Bianca. It was a week or two after I had just started going to my new school. I'm a fame brat (a modification to an army brat; since both my parents are famous) so my family travels a lot. I mostly kept to myself as always. I wasn't exactly a social butterfly. So basically, the day Bianca and I met was completely hilarious, now that I look back…. It the first week of school and I was rushing to find my English class as I was running late. When I finally found it, I ran in and apologized to my English teacher. He was quite the eye candy. He looked young too, say about early 20s.

"Ah.. You must be the new student, Vanellope Carson. Interesting name, Vanellope."

"Thank you Mr..."

"Mr. Thomas Nolan."

"Thank you Mr. Nolan and sorry for being late. Also I do prefer being called Elle."

"Its fine, take a seat next to Bianca Smith." I look over the class to look for an empty seat next to this Bianca girl. Finally I found her. She was drop dead gorgeous. Green eyes and red hair. She reminded me of Psyche, Cupid's wife. I made my way to the seat and sat down.

"Ok now class! We shall write an essay." Groans swept through the class. Thomas- I mean Mr. Nolan grinned.

"Anyways, since Vanellope's new, she'll pick the topic."

"Thomas Nolan is hot." I blurted out. The whole class erupted in laughter. Eventually Mr. Nolan gave in and started laughing with them. I just sat there my cheeks burning from embarrassment. I was ready to cry. The only other person who wasn't laughing was Bianca. In fact, she looked pissed off.

"WILL ALL OF YOU SHUT UP!" almost immediately dead silence filled the classroom. Even Mr. Nolan was silent. I never knew a girl like Bianca had so much power over people.

"Sorry Mr. Nolan...I shouldn't have said that."

"Its fine. Ok class we shall continue. Vanellope give us a topic will you?"

"Hmm favorite hobby?"

"Ok class write a 200 word essay on your favorite hobby." Everyone except Bianca and I groaned. It was a breeze for me since I was writer...at least I was going to make it my profession. 10 minutes into writing, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to look beside me.

"Um hey..." I greeted Bianca.

"Hello, I'm Bianca Smith." she extended her hand towards me. I shook it noticing her Dallas accent with a hint of British in it. I liked it.

"Vanellope Carson. I do prefer being called Elle. I know it’s a stupid name. My mom named me...she's quite, well um, eccentric. Yeah that’s it. Eccentric."

"Nah I actually like your name. It’s unique unlike mine. Bianca is such a common name."

"Its pretty though." I heard a cough. I looked at Mr. Nolan. He was giving me a disapproving look. Awe he looked cute.  

'Shut up horny-side-of-my-brain!'

"We better shut up and finish this essay. Mr. Nolan is looking at us weirdly."

She nodded and we went back to writing. I started writing about how I run a blog where I just rant and I have this notebook I always have to pen down my thoughts and ideas. Afterwards, I just type everything on my blog. Just as I finished writing the paper, the bell rang. Perfect timing. I packed up my things and went to hand in the paper. Everyone was long gone. From the corner of my eye, I could see Bianca waiting for me outside class. Mr. Nolan took my paper and started reading it.