chapter twelve ; daydream

"Okay, it's all about how you..." Jihyun rolled his eyes for the hundredth time, stacking a hand under his cheek. He was getting bored and sick over the class. I mean, the trainees were excited to see the drop-dead gorgeous Choi Minho, but not at him.

Baek-ah whispered, "Yah Bae Jihyun, are you daydreaming?"

Jihyun glared at him. "Kinda. Well, I'm not that excited today,"

"Seriously? It's a rap class bro!"

"It was supposed to be cool but ended up I'm heating up like hell," he pointed his hand to the tutor. "Go on. Focus with it, going to continue my daydream,"

Baek-ah shrugged. "Okay then,"

Minho was doing his best as a tutor, giving tips and sharing some good skills that he had trained over the years. Somehow this dude have a good skill on rapping but Jihyun wasn't even paying attention towards him,  due to his ego.

"The guy that's at the last row, are you focusing right now?" suddenly Minho called the guy that was Jihyun, spacing out himself through the window.

Everyone turned back and gave him like a 'do you want to focus or die' look. Jihyun rolled his eyes before turning his head back to Minho. Damn, do I really need to face this three hours class?

"Bae Jihyun, stop daydreaming to be an idol if you can't even pay attention to me," Minho called out his name all of a sudden. Jihyun's eyes widened.

"What the f-" he mumbled, slowly. Why the hell he called me with the name?

"I'm... I'm sorry," Jihyun replied, bowing his head down to the floor. Minho stared at him for awhile before continuing his class.

Baek-ah patted his friend's shoulder. "Yah Jihyun-ah, you okay?"

Jihyun slightly nodded. "I'm okay... Just go on with the class,"

*

The class had ended after three hours of waiting, finally. During the class Jihyun most likely to be spacing out all the time, not even giving his best for the class although rap is his all-time-favourite class.

Everyone slowly left for practices and classes based on their schedules. Some foreigner trainees had left for their Korean class, while the rests went for practices. The selection day was just around the corner.

Jihyun and Baek-ah were not taking any places for the next classes or anything. They were given time for personal practices but those kids seemed like they didn't want to.

"Yah, Jihyun. The selection day is near. Why are you acting up like this?" Baek-ah broke the silence. "You know that our tutors and guests will be taking part for the selection. What happened?"

The guy just chuckled. "I don't know. Just... I don't feel like I want to continue it for today. I'm just here for the attendance,"

Baek-ah punched Jihyun's shoulder, "Yah idiot, stop joking around,"

"No, I'm just stating the truth," Jihyun laughed at the end of his words.

Deep inside his heart, he didn't want Baek-ah to know anything about his relationship with Minho. His dark past that happened between that famous artist that would totally change his friend's perspective towards Minho. Although he thought that everything that Minho had done was supposed to be known, but keeping it as a secret just sounded better, to protect his path of being an artist and also Minho's career.

But all of a sudden,

"Yah Bae Jihyun,"

*

"Yah Bae Jihyun,"

Jihyun turned, as someone was calling his name.

"Goddamn." he hissed. 

"Ah, Minho sunbaenim," Baek-ah bowed down towards him. But Jihyun didn't even budge an inch. He was just standing there, looking deeply into that artist's eyes.

"Yah Jihyun-" before Baek-ah could even ask him to bow down, Minho cut off his words.

"You were acting strange today. I thought that you're into rap?" 

Jihyun remained silent. 

"Taemin told me that you're so good in rap. I wonder if you're going to join Show Me The Money or something in the future," Minho lifted his eyebrows, acting calm like nothing happened between them.

"I wonder if we're going to be close so I can share some tips-"

"No." Jihyun answered with a word. Baek-ah widened his eyes, "Yah-"

"Even if you offer me thousands dollars or anything, I won't." he spoke informally towards the senior. 

"Then how about we have coffee together-"

"I say no!" his voice when a pitch higher. "I told you so."

"Yah Choi Minho," Jihyun looked into Minho's eyes. "Don't offer me anything. I don't fall for this lame trick, stupid." Before he left the room while smashing the door harshly. 

Baek-ah looked at his friend's action before turning back to Minho, bowing down, "I'm sorry, Minho sunbaenim." And he followed after Jihyun, screaming out his name. 

Minho was staying there, standing straight like nothing happened. He only simpered, a little. 

"This kid... it's so hard to make him understand."

i'm sorry because this chapter is quite short but i tried :(((