chapter three ; eyes met

After sending that kid to his practicing studio, I drove myself on way to the place that I've been working for years - Aurora Cafe, a cafe placed in the middle of the busy Seoul, with a classic-themed cafe that will attract everyone to come in and have a sip of coffee. 

"Morning, Jiyoon-sshi!" Mingyu, one of my colleagues waved at me while his hands were busy arranging glasses and plates. I waved back and squeezed a smile towards him.

The cafe seemed to be a little bit quiet on that moment - maybe people started to leave for works, since it was already 11.30 a.m. I started my work and began to make myself busy since the lunch hour will come in less than an hour - and after than customers will begin to fill the empty tables and chairs.

The clock had been ticking for minutes after I had been busying myself and I didn't even realize it turned 12.20 p.m - the lunch hour had started. A few customers began to enter the cafe and took their seats, while my hands were busy writing down all the orders on the memo pad before sending it to the kitchen.

"Jiyoon, table 23!" I could hear the chef's voice from the kitchen bar, calling me to serve the order that he'd done. As usual, I took the order - which is hamburger with hot chocolate placed neatly on the tray. 

My brain worked smoothly as I remember the table location perfectly. Well, it's a worth to work here for years, you know? I brought along the tray carefully yet still fast to the table. 

"Table 23, hamburger with hot chocolate, yes?" I placed them on the wooden table and squeezed a smile towards the customer. I couldn't see the customer's face clearly since he was wearing a face mask, but he seemed to be so familiar.

I narrowed my eyelids and moved closer to look at him. 

Wait...

Is he...

Lee Jinki?

"O... Onew?"

He lowered his face mask and it clearly showed that the guy who was smiling at me is Lee Jinki, also well known as Onew, from SHINee. I covered my mouth with my left palms before bowing 90 degrees towards him. "Hello, it's nice to meet you!"

He giggled. "I remember you. You'd joined our fansign before this, right?" 

I nodded real quick and grinned. "Yes, I did. Wow, I don't expect you to remember my face," 

"I wish that I could remember each faces of those beloved Shawols even I've never meet them in real life," he said in such a polite tone. "Ignore me, just don't let everyone to know my existence here. Continue your work and work well!"

I bowed at him again and smiled, "Thank you!" before leaving him on the table.

My steps were managed to the kitchen bar before putting the tray back on its place. I couldn't move my eyes from staring Onew, that was sitting on the corner of the cafe all alone, eating his hamburger. I wish that people don't even realize his existence there, just let him to eat freely.

And suddenly when I looked at him, 

I remembered his other member,

Minho.

*

"Okay, you may have your rest now! Come back in around an hour, grab your lunch ya!" Kasper waved at us before he left the practice room on the lunch hour.

Jihyun was laying down on the floor, tired. They practiced two songs non-stop like in three hours, Replay and Dumb Dumb. And it was tiring at all. Sweats were rolling down on his forehead, proving that he was freaking tired with those dance practices. Among of those practices, he hates dancing on the most. 

Why?

Because they need to memorize every steps real quick before they proceed to the next one. 

"Jihyun-ah, let's have lunch together?" Baek-ah, one of his teammates was standing beside him, looked down at Jihyun who was laying down alone.

"You can go first, it's fine." he replied before rolled his body on the floor. "Let me have my time to take some rests,"

Baek-ah formed a round shape on his mouth. "Okay. But don't forget to have your lunch, Jihyun-ah!" 

"Yes!" he replied a word before he could hear the sound of the door closed.

And he left all alone inside the practice room. 

Jihyun got up from the floor and looked at himself on the mirror. His eyes went deep down through the mirror - looking for a strength to get up. 

Jihyun-ah, you can do it. If you want to debut real quick, don't even waste your time and start practicing harder.

He motivated himself before he walked to the speaker placed near the couch at the back of the room. He turned it on and played Replay, one of the songs that they'd practiced today. 

The intro music filled the quiet room, and he was ready to spit his fire on the song. It was absolutely challenging - and his gestures and steps were smooth enough before he moved along with the song - like a real idol to perform on stage. Jihyun danced to it like the song was originally made for himself - perfect. 

Replay, replay, replay~

The music ended and Jihyun fell down on the floor, with sweats rolled swiftly on his face that already turned a little bit red. 

"Ah, seriously!" he wiped the sweats with his sleeve and took a mineral water for a chug. It was a tiring choreography yet fun to learn because of its catchy music and non-stop steps that were dying for.

When he was resting himself back on the floor, he heard the door open - and he turned his head to the door and...

"Ah... you're the one that practiced Replay?" Jihyun looked at the masked man who was standing beside him, extending his hand to help Jihyun getting up.

"Yes..." Jihyun nodded and took a look on him.

He lowered his mask and threw a smile towards him. "I heard someone played our debut song here, and unexpectedly someone practiced it well. I could see you from the window by the way,"

Geez.

It was Choi Minho. 

Jihyun's reaction was priceless. He wasn't excited at all. "Thanks for the compliment..." but his voice was still low. 

"My pleasure," he replied. "So... you're a trainee? Why don't you have your lunch?" 

He don't recognize me or what? Jihyun bit his lower lips, "I will have it but it's a little bit late since I planned to finish practicing Replay,"

"I see..." 

Awkward silence. Jihyun glared at him from head to toe. It wasn't his first time to meet him, or even twice. He was pretty sure that Minho remembers him well - but he acted like he didn't. 

"I think I should leave... I'm starving after all of these practices," he took his bottle and smartphone along. Without turning back, he managed his steps to the door.

"Tell your sister that I still love her."

Silence. 

Jihyun stopped his steps. 

"You hear that?" he said. "Tell her that I miss her so bad. And don't forget to call me as soon as possible,"

The boy formed fists on both hands, biting his lower lips again, controlling his madness from explode causing of Minho's words. 

Calm down, Bae Jihyun. Calm down.

Just ignore that silly, just leave him.

"My answer is forever no for someone who left my beloved sister all alone, crying because she lost someone that she loves," he said, before leaving the practice room through the front door. Totally he would have smacked Minho right on the face if he couldn't control his madness.

That idiot.

He deserves to get punched on the face for his reckless behaviour.

yo guys waddup