chapter eleven ; tutor

Aurora Cafe seemed to be quite busier rather than normal days, since it was Saturday night. People were chilling themselves together, making some gatherings during this great couple of days - while I was busy serving them food, listening to their harsh words about our cafe service and everything. Just a normal day in Saturday, at all. 

The last customers were a couple that was having a fight, I guess. The boyfriend was trying to console his girlfriend and they seemed to talk a lot afterwards. I was watching them from afar and didn't mind of bothering them. They were given some time to 'fight', so we would be staying longer in the cafe, god. When they left, it looked like the drama didn't even end yet, the boyfriend tried to chase the girl from behind - I could only watch them until they walked away, leaving away the front window that was visible from inside.

Well if I was able to talk with the girl, I want to tell her that she should appreciate that guy who loved her with his entire heart. If I were the boyfriend, I'm pretty sure that I would do the same if I do love her. Like Minho did.

I walked to the cashier counter and switched off the front lights, while Mingyu ran towards the VIP area. "Finally!" he smashed his body on the sofa harshly and stretched his body. "I hate weekend nights so bad, my body hurts so bad already,"

I chuckled. "Old dude Mingyu as always," I threw him a cloth right on the face and said, "Go and wipe those tables. I will sweep the floor," 

Grabbing a broom from the back of the staffs room door, I began sweeping but Mingyu was still laying on the sofa, staring on the ceiling. I frowned. "Yah Mingyu-sshi, what the heck are you doing? Are you not going home?"

He turned his head towards me. "It's not like that,"

"Then?" I lifted an eyebrow.

"Wonhee wants us to break up,"

"WHAT?!" my voice went higher. Lucky enough it was only us on the front area. The others were busying themselves on the staffs area. "Are you sure? Both of you are already together for five years, you know?"

He nodded. "I know right, but Wonhee will leave for France next year. She will continue studying there for years, and she might rarely come back. She's afraid of our chemistry for long distance relationship..." Before he could able to continue, I slashed back,

"You know what there are thousands of technology already in this world? There's Skype, KakaoTalk, Instagram, Gmail, Facebook to make everyone to keep in touch with others no matter how far they go, no matter there are time zone differences, Mingyu-sshi, we're not in the era of using pigeons to send letters anymore, duh!" I rolled my eyes. I know that Wonhee is such an educated person but how could she not even think about technologies that had been supplied to her these days? Gross.

Mingyu narrowed his lips. "Yah, let me finish my words first. Stop wasting your saliva,"

"She gave me that excuse for our breakups. But I don't think so to be honest, cause her actual story is quite cliche like you will see in any dramas. Rich and educated parents plus pretty and also educated daughter equal to a handsome + rich + educated husband for their daughter. Right?"

I narrowed my eyes. "It wasn't always like that. You, Kwon Mingyu. A son of Mr Kwon that's a CFO of an entertainment company. You're handsome too, look. Your face wasn't even quite similar to Mingyu Seventeen but it's okay you're still good-looking bro," I pointed my finger towards him for a few times. 

"BUT I'M NOT THAT EDUCATED-" he sighed. "I didn't even pass my civil service exam and it was my sixth time to repeat it already. My father had already gave up, and planned to give the company to my older sister. Yeah, I wasn't planning to get the company at all. So that's why I'm working here as a waiter, Bae Jiyoon," Mingyu covered his face with both of his palms. "AH NOW I KNOW WHY EDUCATION IS REALLY IMPORTANT!"