chapter seventeen ; teas

"Okay so we've been observing you guys since day one, and we will be having a meeting to be choosing who'll be the official lineup for the upcoming SM Rookies." Miss Cyan adjusted her specs before continued, "We'll be choosing them based on our observation and the improvement of the trainees as well. Just wait for the official statement soon, got it?"

Jihyun stared at the other trainees that seemed to be scared and worried about Miss Cyan's announcement just now. He was worried too, after all the years of training, he put so much hope to be chosen as the official members of SM Rookies - the official lineup for the upcoming groups. 

"Bro, I really hope two of us will be selected. I swear both of us are good looking enough to be selected, you know?" Baek-ah chuckled and then put his arm around my neck. "Let's go, I'm gonna buy you a drink today."

"Sure thing."

"Uh-oh, wait, I left my sweater in the practice room. Give me a minute, okay?" Baek-ah suddenly realized his sweater was not hanging around his waist when he looked at Jihyun's. Jihyun nodded and told him that he will be around the lobby. 

Baek-ah ran back to the practice room that was not too far from the elevator. He thought that everyone had left since the session was over, but he was wrong. Someone else was inside and he heard some different voices although the lights were turned off. He decided to not barge inside, instead he put his head closer to the door - trying to listen to their conversation.

"Please, I'm begging you. He deserves to debut after all the works he had done before..." the voice were sounded so low but it was still hearable. 

"Here... here... take this... make sure he will be chosen as the rookie lineup, okay?" 

Baek-ah's eyes widened. "What?" he mouthed. Then he heard footsteps coming from the practice room. Baek-ah took a few steps back before the door opened. 

"Oh, Miss Cyan." he bowed towards her and smiled. 

"Oh, Baek-ah. What are you doing here?" she smiled back. 

His eyes stopped at the small packages on Miss Cyan's right hand. He barely could read the words written on the package since it was covered with her phone. "I left my sweater, I'm here to take it."

"Ah, I see." she said. "I'll get going now. All the best for the selection, okay?"

He only looked at her leaving to the elevator - there were so many thoughts inside his head. 

"Is that the Miss Cyan we'd known all the time?"

*

 "I'm so worried, you know?" I said while shaking my head. "The selection is so near. I'm scared that my brother can't make it to the next stage though. Everyone seems so competitive."

"What do you mean?" Minho replied with a frown. "I'm pretty sure he will be chosen as the SM Rookies! He has been working hard all the time. I've been observing him too, he will make it. No worries."

I pointed the fork that was placed on the table at him. "I know you are one of the judges, but please make it fair and square, and not because he's my brother."

He giggled happily and put down the fork I'd pointed at him. "No worries. I'm a professional though! And obviously Jihyun works really hard for his debut. That's why he was chosen as the trainee. Everyone will totally agree with that, so there's no doubt he won't be chosen for the next stage."

"Yunho hyung talked about how good he is once too. I remember he praised Jihyun because of his charisma. Woah, guess who's the next flaming charisma!"

"God, seriously?" I was caught in a shock. "TVXQ Yunho? He really has a high taste in everything!"

"I know right?" Then, Minho pulled out his hand and grabbed mine. "Don't worry too much. Let's just pray and hope for the best for him, okay?"

"Also..." I lowered down my sight. 

I guess it was the right time for me to ask about it?

"Can I... ask something?"

"Sure, why not?" he was still holding my hand, tight. And that smile that was etched on his lips, seemed like it will last forever.

The butterflies in my stomach-

"Can I know what happened to you in the past years?" I asked in a breath. "Like... where were you all this time...?"

He froze at his seat. I guess he might expected that question but he maybe did not get the exact time when will the bomb explode. And I was waiting for his response although I was too scared of what happened next. 

He bit his lips, looking kinda anxious at that moment. "Jiyoon, I..."

"I will surely tell you one time. That one time will come when I have the courage to tell you everything. I know, it might be hard for you to wait for the answer... but it's hard for me to explain too..." Minho responded. "But for now, let's not talk about it, okay? At least I'm here again, with you, love of my life that I'll always cherish."

I slightly smile back, and nodded in response. "Okay, I'll wait for that one time to come." I held his hand tightly, again. "Make sure you will make everything clear soon. I don't know what you've been holding in but if that takes time for you, it's okay. But later, I don't want us to hide anything from each other, it makes me worried of you."

He patted my head - the touched that seemed familiar from years before. The lovely pat from him. "Of course. Thank you for understanding me, Jiyoon."

"No problem, as long as I love you."

"Uh- how cheesy-"

*

"Thank you for coming today, as we will be choosing the official lineup for the next SM Rookies. Today, I'll be the one who lead the meeting." Miss Cyan held the paper on her hands, nicely. 

There were the other judges as well, BoA, Yunho, Minho and the other vocal and dance teachers that had been observing the trainees for a quite long time. Since Miss Cyan is the one who is in charge with the trainees, she will be leading the meeting with the others.

The slides were presented through the projector and there was all the names and pictures of all of the trainees. "These are all of the trainees, and we will be looking through each trainees to discuss and at the end of this meeting, we will be choosing only top 10 of them. Five guys and five girls."

"So let's start with..."

tbc