chapter 5

It's almost lunch now and I have tried to avoid Xavier at all costs and I had mostly succeeded. In the meeting I could feel his gaze burning holes into me but I didn't dare look at him, other than the meeting I had stayed in my office busying myself with whatever I can and luck must be on my side as Xavier has not appeared once.

 Deciding to head out for lunch I shut off my computer and collect my bag, I really hope that Xavier has gone to lunch already because now I have to walk through his office to get out. Whose idea was it for this stupid set up of the offices, I swear if I ever meet this person they are getting a piece of my mind.

 I make my way towards my office door keeping my head down just in case by chance his highness is sitting at his throne, opening my office door I look up so my clumsy self won't walk into it, I stop in my tracks noticing Xavier standing on the other side of the door, fist held up as if getting ready to knock, maybe luck isn't on my side after all.

 "Cait, I was just coming to ask you if you would kindly accompany me to lunch?"

 "No thank you Mr Callahan, I will be fine alone".

 "What have I told you Cait, please, enough with the formalities and I think we have some things to discuss don't you?"

 Oh great, this is just fan-fucking-tastic, he is going to want to talk about earlier, can this get any more embarrassing or awkward?

 "Honestly it's fine, there is nothing to talk about and like I have said I do not think it would be very professional to refer to you by your first name sir, you are my boss".

 He looks at me dead in the eye, that oh so famous signature smirk spreading across his face before he replies.

 "Oh but I think there is a little more to this than employer and employee don't you think sweetheart?"

 "I don't know what you are talking about".

 Obviously I do but to go with the 'let's play dumb' card.

 "Come, I won't take no for an answer", He says as he gently takes hold of my wrist, pulling me out of the offices.

 I don't say a word as he pulls me along behind him to the bank of elevators, we wait in silence as the doors open and again he pulls me inside.

 I can't even look at him, it's far too embarrassing so I keep my gaze to the floor and he continues to hold onto my wrist.

 As we descend down to the main lobby the car stops on a few floors letting more people in resulting to us both being forced to step further back, the elevator gets more and more crowded as many men and women both in suits and casual attire enter. I feel Xavier pull me closer to him and eventually I end up in front of him, my back pushed against his front trapped in the corner of the crowded lift.

 Praying that the ride down would just hurry up I start to shift uncomfortably against Xavier, he bends down his breath brushing against the exposed skin on my neck and whispers in my ear.

 "I wouldn't keep wriggling against me like that sweetheart, you never know what may un-expectantly pop up".

 I feel my face heat as realisation of what he just said hits me and I feel him silently chuckle, his chest slightly vibrating.

The doors open and everyone starts to pile out into the main lobby, I breathe a sigh of relief and start to walk forward, that was the most awkward elevator of my life by far. As I step into the lobby I feel a hand on my lower back as Xavier guides me through the main doors of the building and into the waiting limo.