Chapter 11

The next few weeks seemed to pass by quickly, Xavier and I's relationship was strictly professional, we never spoke of our one heated night again. The weeks consisted of meetings after meetings, going home to vince cooking something splendid the settling in for the night only to awake a few hours later for the same routine to play out again, frankly I hold a boring life of work, eat and sleep.

Walking into the building ready for work this morning I find myself wondering if I will see Xavier today, he hasn't been in the office much which is the reason it's been easy to avoid him, yet very day I find myself wondering why, questioning if he is ok and anticipating seeing him.

Giving Suzy my usual chirpy morning greeting I head to my office to begin my days work, Xavier has a clear schedule today so u doubt he will be here.

Pushing the door open to Xavier's office I am surprised to see him sitting behind his desk, meeting his gaze as I walk through the door an unusual array of butterflies erupt in my stomach, my heart skips a beat and jumps into my throat, I guess I'm working too hard and not getting enough sleep, thinking of the man sitting in front if me too much is taking it's toll, what I am feeling at this moment is foreign to me.

"Good morning Mr Callahan, it's good to see you, I have your coffee" Smiling brightly at him I place his coffee on his desk and reach for the files laid out ready for me to go over only to be stopped by Xavier's hand on mine and my heart rate picking up at his touch, I isn't realise until now how much I wanted his skin against mine.

"Good to see you too Cait but please stop being so formal, it just doesn't sound right coming from you, also can you please clear my schedule and your own for the week".

Looking down at Xavier's hand still on mine I answer, "Why Xavier, it's not a busy week, I'm sure I can re schedule all clients but why?"

"We have a business meeting in France, well a couple actually, one at the beginning of the week and one at the end, might as well stay for the in-between, can you also book the flights for us, we will be staying in my house over there so no need to worry about accommodation".

"Why did I not know about this already, everything normally comes through me first and I put it in your diary?" I question generally baffled.

"They called around about half an hour ago, you weren't here so the call came straight to me, it's a great opportunity that I cannot pass up and worth cancelling the rest of the week for".

"Okay, when do I need to book the flights for?"

"This evening, first meeting is tomorrow morning so go home, pack for the week and I will pick you up, just make sure the flight is booked before you go, oh and make sure it's first class, I am not sitting economy".

"Wow that soon, okay I will book them now then go home, I'll have to let Vince know I will be away for the week to".

"Whatever you need to do sweetheart, just let me know the flight details".

With that said I dash off into my own office to book the flights for tonight. Thinking about spending a whole week away and alone with Xavier makes me nervous to say the least but I'm also feeling slightly excited too, 'this is strictly a business trip' I tell myself 'nothing can happen between us'.

Waking back to Xavier's office I see him sitting at his desk reading over files, he really is a gorgeous man, no wonder women throw themselves at him from all directions, try are all beautiful and I'm just a plain jane.

Snapping myself out of my thoughts I tell Xavier that the flight is booked for seven O'clock this evening.

"Okay I will drop by and pick you up around five, we'll grab a bite I eat on route to the airport.