Chapter 10

After pouring my heart out to Vince, (not that I really needed to as he knows everything about me) I glance at the clock noticing that i only have thirty minutes to get ready and get to work. Jumping up off of the couch I almost trip in hurry to get to my room.

“What’s the rush baby girl?” Vince calls from behind me as I enter my room.

“I’m going to be late, I need to hurry” I reply scrambling around my room looking for something to wear.

“Why not just pull a sickie, I don’t think you’re really in the right frame of mind to be facing the boss right now”.

“Yeah because that’ll work wont it Vince, I’ve just spent the night and morning with my boss who knows I’m not sick but it’s fine I’m sure he’ll believe that I caught something in the last hour” my voice dripping with sarcasm.

“Just trying to help, you go shower real quick and I’ll get everything ready for you”.

Doing as he says I scamper off into my bathroom and hop in the shower. I’m done in a record time of six minutes and proceed to the bedroom to get ready.

I put on the clothes and underwear that Vince has so kindly left on the bed for me and throw my still wet hair into a ponytail, apply a small amount of make-up and grab my bag. I’m ready.

I run out of my room and find my heels by the door, quickly sliding my feet in I head out the door shouting a goodbye to Vince, I don’t hear his reply as the door slams behind me.

Racing through the building to get to my car I realise I have to make the stop at Starbucks. I jumped in and started the engine driving to the coffee shop as quickly as possible.

Thankfully it was the same barista that has been here every morning so far so he knew what I wanted and I didn’t have to wait long, I looked up at the clock on the wall behind the counter noticing that I have five minutes remaining till I have to be in my office, I should only be a couple of minutes late.

I eventually make it to the floor my office is located on only three minutes late, how I managed it? I have absolutely no idea.

“Morning Suzy” I called to reception as I sped down the corridor to the office.

I heard footsteps behind me but paid no attention as I was eager to get to my office no later than necessary.

“Cait” I heard Suzy’s voice from behind me.

“Can’t stop Suz, I’m late as it is” I replied glancing behind me.

My elbow reached the handle to Xavier’s office and I pushed the door open using my foot whilst balancing the coffees in my hand.