Chapter 14

Spinning round on my heels I see Xavier pushing his way through the crowd towards me. My heart starts thumping against my rib cage threatening to burst from my chest, my mouth goes dry and my palms grow moist.

I was so nervous that I didn't notice how close he has got until I felt his hands on my cheeks cupping my face.

"Don't go, the holiday isn't over". I stared at him blankly not knowing how to respond so instead I said nothing.

"Excuse me miss, do you want the ticket?" The lady behind the counter asked. Before I had a chance to reply Xavier spoke for me.

"She won't be needing it now, thank you" he took my credit card back sliding it into his back pocket.

Bending down, he lifted my luggage and took my hand leading me towards the exit. I remained silent as we walked out of the doors to a waiting car. He opens the door for me as always letting me slide in first before swiftly climbing in behind me, the driver placing my belongings in the boot then entering the drivers seat and heading back to the house.

Approximately twenty minutes later we we're back at the house, the whole ride had been filled with silence and not a comfortable one, each of us siting as far away from each other as possible gazing out of the window.

I was finding all of this hard to process, why would he stop me from going? He hates me yet he doesn't want me to leave? It makes no sense. I walk into the house heading straight to the bedroom, Xavier enters moments later and sits on the bed. Being in such close proximity with this man, now knowing what he thinks of me is killing me but honestly who can blame him. He is a wealthy, very well known man, if this comes out his reputation will be tainted for knowing me let alone being social with me, it's in his best interest that he distance himself from me and kick me to the curb. It's all I deserve after all.

"Why am I here?" I ask finding my voice but still not being able to look at him.

"What do you mean? We're on holiday, that is why you are here, I brought you here".

"I mean, why didn't you let me leave, it's best that I stay away from you, I will find a new job as soon as I get back, you shouldn't be around me".

Taking my face in his hands he forces me to look at him, he is searching my eyes for something I'm not sure of. "And why is that? Why shouldn't I be around you? I want you here, I've told you how much I want you" his eyes no longer show disgust but something I am not familiar with, I don't know what it is.

" I thought you would hate me, earlier it seemed like you hated me, that I repulsed you even and I don't blame you, I hate me too, I am disgusted of myself, I'm nothing, I don't deserve to be around you, I'm damaged goods, you shouldn't want me". A lone tear runs down my cheek and Xavier brushes it away.

I suddenly feel warm, soft lips on mine, I don't kiss back at first, my eyes wide. Within seconds my eyes flutter closed and my lips respond to his, kissing him back fiercely, he runs his tongue across the seam of my lips willing them to open. Obeying I stroke his tongue with my own loving the taste of him, my hands rest on his chest as his remain cupping my face. He lays me back on the bed as he hovers above me resting his elbows either side of my head keeping his weight off me.

Xavier breaks the kiss, looking into my eyes for a moment, our breathing rapid, he pecks me once more on the lips before speaking.

"Does that seem as though I hate you Cait? That I despise you, find you repulsive? No I don't, I want you princess, I don't care how damaged you think you are, it means I get to spend more time with you helping you fix yourself, I'm going nowhere sweetheart, I'm sorry I walked out earlier, I was so angry and I couldn't show you that side of me, when I returned and you and your stuff was gone, my heart sank, I thought I had lost you, I knew you would try to get the first flight home so I had to come get you" he finished by kissing me on the forehead.