Chapter 25

ONE MORE CHAPTER!

Three Months Later...

Danielle Thompkins P.O.V

I WAS IN FUCKING LABOR!

At 5:30 my water had broke and we were now on our way to the hospital. When we got there I was quickly admitted and placed in a room.

"I can't wait." Toby said smiling like a Cheshire cat.

"Me either. I'm ready to hold me son." I said.

The doctor walked in, and I was happy to see him.

"Hello parents." He says. I smile at him.

"I'm just hear to check some things and make sure you're alright mommy to be."

"Do your job." Was all I said. After he did that the contractions started to become more intense.

"After an hour and two bags of fluid you could have an epidural." He says. I curtly nodded. He walked out the room.

"Just breathe." Toby said calmly. I started doing the breathing exercises.

I sat there, waiting. The contractions started getting painful after about twenty minutes. I started to hold my breath a little bit throughout the contractions. Toby was here still telling me to just breathe.

"Toby I know to breathe. Just be quiet for a while, please." I said. He simply nodded.

Finally after an hour and two bags of fluid I started pushing my call button and asking for my epidural ASAP! A nurse came in to administer the epidural.

"Whoever came up with this is amazing." I said. The nurse laughed.

"I see you're feeling better." Toby says.

"You have no idea."

After I got the epidural, I felt so comfortable that I actually slept and so did Toby. The only time I woke was when they came in to turn me and check me. I really wanted to have my baby now.

At a quarter to nine I started to feel a bit more pressure, so I buzzed the nurse.

"What's wrong?" The nurse asked as soon as she stepped in the room.

"I'm feeling some more pressure." I said. They checked me and I was not quite there yet, so the nurse put me into a position where my feet were elevated and my head was lower than the rest of my body. I was skeptical about this, but she said it would help me dilate faster. That didn't help.

"I don't feel good." I groan. They put me back upright, then I started feeling sick every time I reclined and finally I did get sick twice, and after that the nurses let me lie on my side. The nurse left and I tried to get some more rest. About 10 minutes later I felt so lightheaded and about to faint, the monitors are going off and the nurse rushed in and put adrenaline through my IV.

"What's wrong with my girlfriend?" I hear Toby ask in a panic. I couldn't even speak right now.

Once they had everything back to normal I was okay, somewhat. Apparently my blood pressure had dropped to a dangerous level. After that ordeal, I started to feel these twinges in my lower right side. So I got a booster from the anesthesiologist and felt fine. After I got my booster, my progress was checked and I was ready to start pushing, so my doctor was called immediately.

The nurse got Toby to come over and they told me to try a few pushes.

"Oh God..." I started to push and after two pushes she yelled out.

"STOP pushing!" She grabbed my call button and told them she needed another nurse NOW. I was like bish whet?! Stop pushing? Is she crazy.

"I feel pressure and I need to push!" I shouted.

"Dr. Jones would be here in a minute. Just stay calm and don't push." She said. I wanted to push her ass.

After what seemed like forever he finally walked in and sat down.

"Dr. Jones, you need to get up and come over here and catch!" Catch? What the fuck? Lord Jesus take the wheel. Toby held my hand looking just how I was looking.

I was determined at this point, and was ready to push. I started to push, and I'm pushing with everything in me.

"Stop!"

"WHAT?! Stop why? Are you crazy?!" I screamed at him.

"The baby is crowning." He says.

"Then un fucking crown the baby." I gritted out.

After a while I was allowed to push again, and out popped our baby. After everything was calm, Toby went to go get his dad and Lola so they could see the baby. I didn't tear nor did I have an episiotomy or a c-section. I was glad about that.

○○○○○

When Mason entered the room everybody fell in love with him. His cries for attention and food bounced off of the walls, but they weren't ignored. I learned so much from this experience. It brought Toby and I to a whole new level. I saw a side of him that I didn't know existed. He was wonderful. He fed me ice chips, helped out, talked to me, and made me as comfy as possible. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. This experience has made me a better, stronger person.

I gazed around at all of the friends and family that filled the room. Johnny came to the side of the bed looking down at his grandson.

Mason DuVall 6 pounds, 10 ounces, 13 inches long.

"Danielle sweetheart we got here as soon as we got the call. Now give me my grand-baby!" Johnny carefully took Mason out of my arms and cradled him to his chest. He gazed down at the new addition to the DuVall's family and smiled.

"He's so handsome Danielle. I'm glad he looks like you because if he looked like Toby..." Everyone in the room laughed except for Toby. He looked at his father and rolled his eyes.

"Well considering I do look like my father..." They all smiled at one another. Johnny's loud voice washed over Mason.

"Hey it's about time you came I was beginning to think you didn't want to see us!" His voice didn't startle Mason though considering he already had his heart wrapped snuggly around his finger. He knew he wasn't going to hurt him.

Toby DuVall P.O.V

I looked around the room and thought about how lucky I was. Four years ago I'd met a beautiful woman who brought me to his knees in more ways than one. She'd given me everything I needed in life and never asked for anything in return. I looked down at her tired, beautiful face.

"Will you marry me?" I asked pulling the ring from my pocket. She looked at me wide eyed.

"Yes." She says. I slip the ring on her finger.

"Congratulations!" Everyone said to us.

"I love you Danielle." I grabbed her hand and kissed it. She smiled at me.

"I love you too Toby." I leaned down to the bed to kiss her fully on the lips. My name had never sounded sweeter coming from her.