Chapter 2

Toby DuVall P.O.V

I open my eyes yawning. I glance at the clock to see its a little after six am. I didn't have to be into work till eight. I own my own construction business and volunteer as a fire fighter on weekends, while, Danielle is a social worker. I guess we both have a thing for helping others. Something smelled really good. I sniffed the air.

BACON!

I quickly jump out of bed heading into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and wash my face before heading downstairs.

The closer I get to the kitchen I hear laughter.

"I think I should divorce my wife and get a black woman too." I hear my dad say. I noticed he's been saying that lately. I wouldn't feel bad if he divorces and leaves my no good ass mom. She's made my life and Danielle's a living hell.

"Good morning." I say walking in the kitchen.

"Good morning." They say in unison.

"Here you go." Danielle said putting a plate of eggs, bacon, and pancakes in front of me, with a cup of coffee.

"Thanks." She nods going back to the sink.

"I might come and help out today." My dad says. I nod. Ever since I opened my constructing company he's been one of my many supporters. He helps around the office and sometimes on site too. He's retired anyway so I guess this is he's way of don't something, besides smoking weed.

After I finished my food I got up to wash my used dishes. Danielle walked in the kitchen dressed and ready for work. That pencil skirt did no justice for that ass. My baby got ass for days and it's all mine.

"I'm leaving. Are you still stopping by for lunch?" She asked grabbing her bags.

"Yeah. Dad's going to be helping me out today so I'll be on time." I said putting the dishes in the dish rack. She pecked my lips and left.

It's it bad I wanted to follow that ass?

○○○○○

I walk into my office. Today was going to be a busy day since I'm working on getting a contract to build this high rise building. The contract is worth $10 million dollars. Hell that's more money for all of us. If I get this contract I could order new materials and give out bonuses.

I was so into sketching the floor plans and model for my meeting with Mr. Langston, that I didn't hear my office door open.

"Hey babe." I grimaced from hearing that voice. I turned to see Veronica.

"Why are you here?" I asked coldly.

"I came to see you of course."

"Get out." I said turning away from her. I didn't need this shit today or any other day.

"Come on Toby." She said touching my shoulder. I shrugged her hand off.

"Get out!" I shouted. Her eyes were glossy.

"Toby please we can work this out." She pleaded. I pushed the button under my desk.

"No we can't." I said. A minute later security comes in my office.

"Yes Mr. DuVall?"

"Escort her out." I said. He nodded.

"Toby you can't be serious!" I ignored her and watched him pull her out my office.

Serves her right.

○○○○○

"So do we have a deal?" I asked Mr. Langston. He nodded.