Chapter 6

Toby DuVall P.O.V

I was on site working on Langston Corp new building when my mom called and ask to have lunch. I was skeptical at first, but I agreed. I sent Elle a text saying I'm having lunch with my mom and she replied with an okay.

Around 12:15 I arrived at Leeton's. I spotted my mom's car. I found an empty spot and parked.

"Hey Toby." Barb said as I walked over to her.

"Hey Barb. Have you seen my mother?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah follow me." I did. When we got to the table she was not alone. I couldn't see who was sitting at the table with her because the person's back was toward me.

"Mom." I said before sitting down. I looked to see that it was Veronica.

"What's this?" I asked.

"We're just having lunch." She said. I rolled my eyes.

"But why is she here? I thought we were having lunch together." I said.

"Toby don't start this again." She scolded. I scoffed.

"I'm out of here." I said and stood up. I grabbed my keys and walked out. Why can't we be happy for once?

"Toby." Veronica called from behind me.

"What?!" I snapped. She was taken back with my sudden harshness, but why can't she get that I'm happy with Danielle?

"I'm sorry for cheating on you. I never meant to hurt you I really didn't. All I want is a second chance to show you that we're meant to be together." She said. She sounded sincere, but I was not giving into that crap.

"Goodbye Veronica." I hit the unlock button.

"Toby please!" She begged grabbing my arm. My reflexes grabbed her arm and pinned her up against the car.

"Don't ever put your fucking hands on me again. Next time I'm going to snap your fucking neck bitch." She had tears flowing down her face. I pushed her out the way and got in my truck and left.

Veronica Stewart P.O.V

I can't believe that he grabbed me like that. This is all the black bitch's fault! Toby would never do such things. Has she gotten into his head to touch woman like this? This is not the Toby that I know. I will stop the monkey from having him any longer than she already has.

"Are you okay? I saw what happened." Janet said. I nodded wiping my face.

"How could he do this to me? I know I messed up, but I love him." I said. She hugged me.

"You'll have Toby soon." She said. I smirked knowing Toby will be mine.

"What do you have in mind?"

"Well..."

○○○○○

Danielle in MM.