Chapter 7

Two Weeks Later...

Toby DuVall P.O.V

Today was Saturday and the Langston building was coming along just fine. I didn't have to go to the fire station this weekend so I'm taking Danielle out shopping just to spoil her. She deserves it. I looked in the bathroom mirror one last time before walking out. I picked up my phone replying to some text messages as I laid back on the bed waiting for Danielle to come out the closet.

"I'm ready." She said five minutes later. I looked up from my phone to see what she was wearing some red high waisted shorts, a cheetah print long sleeve shirt, and some black boot heels. Her hair was straight. I walked over to her.

"That ass is mine when we get back." I growled in her ear. She just moaned in reply. She grabbed her purse and I grabbed her hand pulling her out the house.

○○○○○

We were walking around the mall and I was holding the bags. It wasn't many, but quite a few. Some man walked up to Danielle.

"Hey sexy. What's your name?" He asked.

"Lil boy get out my face." Danielle said. I chuckled.

"What's funny white boy?"

"First all I might be white, but the difference is I'm a man not a boy." I said.

"What are you her bag boy?"

"No, I'm her husband." I said. He frowned.

"So you a house nigga?" He asked Danielle. Now he taking it to far.

"Who the fuck you think you talking to? Nigga I will beat your ass up and down this God damn mall. Fuck you mean? You got me fucked up if you're think you going to talk to me like that." Danielle said.

"Spoken like a true house nigga." He said. I dropped the bags and started beating his ass.

Weak ass.

He talking all that shit and can't fight.

"Apologize to my fucking wife." I hissed grabbing him by his shirt collar. Danielle stood there with her arms crossed and tapping her foot waiting.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry." He stuttered out.

"If you ever step to my wife like that again. Next time you won't live." I whispered harshly in his ear. His eyes budged out his face. I smirked and let him fall to the mall floor. I heard clapping around us. I just fixed my clothes, picked up the bags, and grabbed Danielle's hand.

Some people just never learn.

○○○○○

"Toby?" Danielle called.

"Hmm?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good babe." I said kissing her hand.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yeah." She nodded and got up. I watched her head up the stairs. My eyes roamed her body until I might her eyes. She mouth 'come get me' and winked. I jumped up and made my way upstairs stripping outta my clothes.

That ass is mine.

○○○○○

I stepped out the bathroom leaving Danielle to finish her shower when my phone started ringing. I didn't know the number, but I didn't want to ignore it because it could be anybody or business.

"Who is this?"

"Toby." I knew this voice.

"How did you get my number?" I hissed.

"Your mom."

"I just want you to know that if you need help getting out that abusive relationship I can help." Tf?

"Bye Felicia." I hung up and blocked her number. I didn't even want to know what the hell she was talking about.

Janet DuVall P.O.V

"Well what did he say?" I asked Veronica. She's the type of woman my son needs in his life. That woman does not deserve my son whatsoever. I am determined to get them together. Toby needs to see that, that woman he is with doesn't mean anything to him.

"He hung up on me." She said.

"Call again." She did.

"What happened?"

"It says it's disconnected." She said. I leaned back in my chair.

"Plan B."

Danielle Thompkins P.O.V

Toby and I are having dinner at this little bistro called Un Pezzo D'Italia - A Piece Of Italy. They have the best Italian dishes around here.

"So where do you want to vacation?" Toby asked.

"I was thinking a cruise, maybe."

"We can do that. It'll be a good thing to get away from everything and everybody." He said. I agree with that.

"When do you want to go?"

"I don't know I'll see which days I want to request off and let you know." I said.

We continued eating dinner and having a good time. I wish things were always this good.

○○○○○

David in MM.