Chapter 23

Danielle Thompkins P.O.V

I was six months along and enjoying every part of my pregnancy. Toby was finishing the baby room. I was stunned at how hard he and Johnny worked on this room. The room was amazing. I couldn't help but cry happy tears when he showed it to me.

Time is going by so fast. I still have another three months until our son gets here. Being pregnant is no joke, but I'm not complaining because I love every minute of it.

"How's my son doing?" Toby asked.

"Moving like crazy." I said. He laughs.

"That's a good sign."

"Are you ready for the baby?" I asked. He nodded.

"I can't wait to hold him. I have so much I want to teach him." Toby said. Toby has bought our son more than enough. Veronica is having a little girl. Johnny has even prepared a baby room at his house for when the baby goes over for a visit. I'm happy that Johnny is happy now. They're are still going through the divorce. Hopefully it's over soon and they can get married.

I've been helping Lola with planning the wedding. It wasn't big, but it was her family and us that she invited, and some people we knew.

"Are Johnny and Lola still coming over?" I asked.

"Yeah they should be here any minute." He said. We were going to get in the pool and barbecue. I made the some sides to go with the meat. All Lola and Johnny had to do was get the drinks and ice.

I went to use the bathroom before I made my way down stairs. I heard voices coming from the kitchen.

"Hey baby momma." Lola said hugging me.

"Hey mom." She pushed me away from her.

"I don't like you." She said. I laughed.

"Aw don't be like that." I pout. She rolls her eyes and walks away.

"One day she's going to hurt you." Johnny said. I laugh.

"Mom will be okay." I said loud enough so she could hear me. We could hear her saying something, but we ignored it.

"Now let's get in the pool." I chirped. It felt like I haven't been in one in forever.

Lola Manning P.O.V

We just got out the pool when the guys said the food was done. I was ready to eat. It's something about a pool that always have you hungry.

"Have you found your dress?" Toby asked me.

"No I'm still looking." Ever since I accepted Johnny's proposal Danielle and I have been planning the wedding. I still haven't found the right dress, but I'm not in a rush. We still have all the time in the world.

"Are you ready for my favorite grandchild to get here?" Johnny asked poking Danielle's stomach.

"Yes! I'm ready for him to be out of me. I need to be able to sleep comfortably again." She said.

"Don't rush my grandson to be here." Johnny playfully scolded.

"Well you try carrying a baby and see if you'll be saying the same thing." She said.

Danielle's pregnancy is a pregnancy I've never seen before. Yeah in the beginning she was sick, but as the weeks went by its like a new person has transpired or maybe she's just nice until she has the baby. Cause I know for a fact Danielle is not nice.

Toby DuVall P.O.V

It was getting late and we decided to call it a night. Danielle had already fallen asleep. I put her in bed and went to shower.

When I got out my phone was ringing. I looked at the caller ID to see Veronica calling.

"What?"

"Can you bring me something to eat Toby? Please." She pleaded. I sighed.

"Fine. What do you want?"

"I want a pepperoni pizza and some chocolate ice cream." She says.

"Okay." I didn't bother to hear anything else she had to say I just hung up. I threw on some clothes and went to get her food.

○○○○○

I sighed cutting the car off. I grabbed her pizza and the bag with the ice cream in it. I knocked on her door and waited for her to answer. When Veronica opened the door she was naked.

"Go put on some fucking clothes?" I snapped.

"Why? I know you like what you see." She says.

"I just came to bring you your food and leave." I said pushing passed her. She's always trying to seduce me, but it never works. I don't want her and I tell her that time and time again.

"Come on Toby." She begged as she started to play with herself. I looked at her in disgust.

"Bye Veronica." I said and walked out. I didn't have time for this shit. I just wanted to make sure that my daughter was good and that was all.

When I got back home Danielle was walking out of the bathroom.

"Where were you?"

"I went to take Veronica some food." She nodded as got into bed. I stripped out of my clothes and climbed in behind her.

"What's on your mind?" She asked sleepily.

"Nothing babe. Let's just get some rest." I said and kissed her forehead.

I wasn't going to let Veronica ruin my relationship with Danielle, ever. I was going to fight with everything in me to make sure it never happened again.

○○○○○

Baby Room in MM.