Chapter 1: What's Done Is Done

"I don't think you understand - we open those doors, we let them in!"

She responded with a series of clicks and flashing blue lights.
  Rolling my eyes, I pulled a couple levers and pushed a green button.

"Alright fine, but I hope you know what your doing to the space time continuum."

Standing next to the console, I held my sonic screwdriver in hand waiting for the double doors to open.
They slowly gave way, showing a fleet of Daleks descending over my home planet.
I lowered my screwdriver, taking in the scene below me. It was right before the planet burned, a tiny me out there somewhere. Tucking my dark hair behind my ear, I closed the doors.

" I can't do anything about that, it's already done, unless you want to create a paradox, and this isn't where I told you to take me!"

She made a series of loud noises; protesting.
I frowned.

"What's done is done. Gallifrey can't be saved."

Getting no response, I trudged to the console and closed my eyes.

"Take me anywhere. Anywhere but here."

The engines groaned and creaked making the peculiar noise I loved when you keep the brakes on.
Then suddenly the ground shifted beneath my feet, sending me flying past the console on to the hard floor.

"Oi! What's going on, why did you do........ Oh no."

Rubbing my cheek, I took another glance at the monitor just to be sure.
Sighing, I banged my head on the console causing a series of buttons to glow purple.

"Seriously, again?"

I gripped the edge of the console as the ground shook once more, this time more violently. I took one last look at the statues covering my TARDIS, and took a deep breath.

"Allons-y," I yelled, as I charged through the white wooden doors.