Hope

Two years later
Maddies pov:

I quietly sobbed as i watched Chase take her last strangled breaths, her small face turned blue then started to turn a dark purple, but i couldn't do anything about it. She got bit. By Claudia.
Chase took her last breath and i stabbed her head with a loud cry. I heard someone knock on the door then walk in. It was Carl.
He saw chase then he picked up her limp body. He left the room without a word.
The group had barley anyone left in it. A couple months back we found a couple familiar faces but that barley helped. Our group consisted of Carol, Rick, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Rosita, Bob, Carl, Nicole, Judith, Shawn, and I.
Carol and Daryl were kind of an item now and they were the only other couple apart from me and Carl.
I closed my eyes and i soon fell asleep as i thought about our group. Then a memory claimed me in my dreams.

I bit my lip as Carl, Jeffery, and their new groupie Todd bullied me. I had told Carl multiple times that it was either his friends or me but that never helped.
"Hey you listen here you fucking idiot!"
Jeffery slapped me and all Carl did was watch.
"your going to give me-uh.. Us the answers for the math test!"
I shook my head and i saw a girl rushing towards me. Nicole. I sighed in relief as she came up behind Jeffery and she kicked him in the balls.
He fell down clutching them and Nicole let out a feral growl at Carl and Todd.
"Thank you so much Nicole!"
I hugged her and she hugged me back.
"Its ok Maddie, im your true friend. Probably your only one from this school. You can trust me."
She smiled at me and i let out a happy sob. I guess she was my true friend.

I woke up to the sound of a baby crying and i ran over to Shawns crib. I picked him up and he looked at me.
"Mama... Dada!"
The two year old wailed out. I sighed and i tried to find Carl but what i stumbled upon was so much worse.