Running with pain

Carl's pov

I was running as fast as i could, the wind whipping behind my ears. Allison, i needed to get to Allison. I arrived at the big house we had been staying in and the boy followed behind me. The boy i almost killed. The boy who had once been my best friend during the apocalypse. Josh.

I ran towards the house and i opened the door with josh following. Once he was inside i saw Allison sitting on the couch staring at the wall. Michonne was beside her patting her back. As soon as she heard the door closed her head whipped towards us.

"Josh?"

Allison got up and she ran towards us. She embraced Josh while he explained what happened. He went off on a food run and he found a place call Terminus, it was infested with cannibals. They tried to eat him but he escaped, not before he saw beth there... They killed her.

Soon everyone in the house knew what happened and we all mourned for Beth. But Maddie was mourning the most, i knew that her and Beth were close.

She ran over to me sobbing, i asked where the babies were and she told me that they were upstairs sleeping. Maddie clung onto me and i planted a small kiss on her forehead, this is my angel, while i was the devil.

Soon Maddie had fallen asleep and i brought her upstairs to our room and i tucked her into the bed. She whimpered my name in her sleep and i chuckled softly, she was adorable. She was mine.

I had seen signs for Terminus, but now i knew that i could never bring Maddie there. NEVER. I looked over at my love and i collapsed onto the bed and soon i was sleeping.

I awoke in the middle of the night to one of the babies crying. I got up and i walked into the room. Inside was someone holding the baby... No it couldn't be...