With Him

it's another kind of filler. the next chappie will be better I PROMISES!! <3 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

“You are so lucky my mom buys everyone fashion scarves for gifts,” Caleb muttered as he watched me tighten the leopard-print fabric around my neck. It completely covered the hickey, letting me breathe out a sigh of relief.

“I am really am,” I agreed, flipping my hair to the front. My eyes wandered over to the small clock that hung right over the doorway. It was almost 8 in the morning. Outside it had started to rain, keeping everyone in bed. I thought of Liam and how he must be cold and miserable and …

DINNNGG

“Was that the doorbell?” I asked Caleb, looking over my shoulder to face him.

He nodded slowly and moved towards the door. “I think it might be Liam,” he whispered.  “I’ll get it before anyone else wakes up.”

“I’ll get it!!”

Turns out, everyone else was already up.

Jeff’s voice was loud and commanding, making Caleb retreat back into my room. He left the door open however and stayed right by the opening. I moved closer to him, biting down on my lip nervously. World War 3 was seriously about to start.

Me and Caleb both sucked in a breath at the exact same time. We listened carefully as Liam cleared his throat. My hand subconsciously reached over to grab Caleb’s and I squeezed it roughly. Caleb didn’t even flinch.

The silence in the living room was so tense that it was suffocating me 100 feet away. Finally, after what seemed liked hours, Jeff spoke.

“Your plane leaves at 11. The cab will come by around 6. Be ready by then.”

No response.

“And by the time we get home, you better be gone.”

Again, nothing.

“Good to know. Now go. Say goodbye to whoever you need to.”

Suddenly, it hit me. He was forcing Liam to move out. That meant that I would barely get to see him; that he wouldn’t get to hold me; that I wouldn’t be able to make food for him.

“No!” I shouted, leaping out of the room. Caleb tried to snatch me mid-air, but his hand grazed my shirt instead of grabbing it.

“L-Let me fly home with him.”

My palms were sweaty and my legs were literally shaking, but I had never felt stronger. Jeff and Liam turned to face me with identical expressions of shock.

“Brooklyn, stay out of this,” Jeff finally said, crossing his arms. I returned the gesture and tipped my chin up the slightest bit.

“Let. Me. Fly. Home. With. Him. Or maybe I’ll go mention to mom again on how my stepfather is a cheating bastard.” I finished with one of my eyebrows arched and a satisfied smirk on my face.  There was no way he was saying no now; I had him.

“Fine. But,” he raised a hand as if he was threatening to hit me. “When we come home and you are not there, best believe that he,” Jeff pointed at Liam, “will end up in jail, and you,” he looked straight into my eyes, “well never be allowed out of the house again.”

“Deal,” I replied simply, moving over to stand next to Liam. As I stood next to him, I realized how soaked he actually was and how he was shivering underneath his clothes.

“Well I’m sure you’ve heard by now; the cab is at 6, the plane leaves at 11. I’ll see you at home.”

And just like that he left. As if he didn’t care. Then again, he probably didn’t. The door shut behind him and I faced Liam for what felt like the first time in forever.

I cupped his wet, cold face with my warm hands. My fingers lingered against his jaw line while my eyes studied his closely.

“You’re freezing,” I finally murmured, pulling him towards Caleb’s room. “Go shower and warm up; I’ll get some clothes for you.”

Before I could get away, Liam pulled me into him. His cold skin made goosebumps rise up all over my arms.

“Thank you, Brooklyn.” He pressed his forehead, the only warm part of his body, against mine. “For everything.”

Heat gushed to my cheeks as he let go and walked away, a small grin on his face. I found myself standing in place, smiling stupidly as I felt my tingling forehead.

It was official.

I had the biggest crush on Liam.

And I really didn’t care.