Dimples

heyyyyy. look at me with these fast updates, haha. just to clarify, at the end when it says Brooklyn 2 - Liam 0 the first point for Brooklyn was last chapter when she was like 'hah, looks like i am part of the family succkkkaah' xD i just thought it would be an appropriate way to end the chapter , and it's kind of a one-time thing. 

oh and like when i was planning this story, i wasn't in love with one direction so this whole liam thing is a coincidence. really, it is.

picture is of him (liam) , btw. 

enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pushed my mom's veil into place, taking extra care not to ruin her perfect bun. I stepped back and wiped a few tears away from my eyes, hoping my makeup wouldn't get smudged.

"Mom, you look beautiful. Jeff won't know what to say when he sees you."

My mom smiled at me, then caught her reflection in the mirror. I noticed her face glowing, and I felt so happy for her. She really deserved this. A second chance with a great guy.

"Can you check if he's there already?" my mom asked me in a small tone, biting her lips in anticipation. She clutched the flowers nervously in her hands, looking herself over again.

I nodded, walking out of the room as quickly as my heels would allow. I peered down the aisle and noticed that the priest was already there, as were all the guests.

"You look beautiful!"

I turned on my heel and saw my grandfather beaming at me.

"Hey grandpa!" I murmured, hugging him tightly. "Have you seen Jeff?"

He smiled down at me and nodded. "He's about to start down the aisle. Where's your mother?"

"Oh, let me show you. She's in the bride's room." I grabbed his hand, but he stopped. "No, you stay here. Wouldn't want the maid of honor to get lost, now would we?"

I blushed and smiled, pushing my curls back. My grandfather walked away, preparing to lead my mother down the aisle for the second time. Jeff passed by me, giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

"You look gorgeous, Brooklyn. I'm so lucky to have a beautiful daughter like you," he murmured into my ear, pulling me into a tight hug.

"My mom looks even prettier," I whispered into his ear, laughing softly.  

He smiled and stepped away, straightening his tie. I could tell his was nervous too, but then again, who wouldn't be?

Behind him stood the best man: Liam. I hated to admit because of his jackass attitude, but he looked really nice in that black suit. His brown hair was tousled in a neat but effortless way, just making him look that much cuter. But just by the expression on his face, I could tell that he wanted to be anywhere but at this wedding. His eyes flickered towards me, and I noticed, just for a split second, a reaction towards me. And it wasn't negative to the least, because I watched his eyes quickly scan me up and down. Maybe I should've been creeped out that my soon to be step brother was checking me out, but he didn't seem to even want to have any family ties with me.

They started to move down the aisle, and I looked around, wondering where I was supposed to go. Some lady that I recognized as the wedding organizer pushed me in between my mom's friends, and Brenda, our flower girl. The men reached the altar, all taking their appropriate spaces, and Brenda began to hobble down the carpet, spreading out pedals as she walked. I glanced back quickly and saw my mom coming out of the room, arm in arm with my grandpa. Smiling at her one last time, I followed after Brenda acknowledging some of my friends and relatives along the way. Once I reached the altar, I stepped up to my spot among the stairs and waited.