It Never Meant Anything

Yeah, I know I take forever to upload and I am so, sincerely sorry. You guys don't understand. But, thank you for the continous support, votes, and comments! I seriously appreciate it! And I hope you guys like the picture I found on the side!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Make sure to call me as soon as you get home, okay?”

My mom’s hands had a firm grasp on my cheek as she spoke to me. I brought my hands up to her wrists, gently pulling them away from my face.

“Don’t worry mom, I will,” I promised her with a grin.

“Good,” she sighed, pushing my suitcase toward me. “Make sure you stay out of trouble,” she added, flashing a quick glance to Liam as she said that.

My mouth twitched downwards into a frown. Did my mom really not like Liam? Maybe Jeff hadn’t been totally lying when he said that. However, I quickly turned my frown into a playful laugh.

“Don’t worry mom, I will!” I pulled my suitcase toward the taxi cab and began to lift it into the trunk.

“Don’t worry, I got that!” Caleb pulled the suitcase out of my grasp and set it down in the trunk for me. Then, he closed it and pulled me into a hug.

“I’ll miss you, Brooklyn,” he said quietly, glancing down at me with an amused smirk. I don’t know what was so funny to him, but he got me smiling too.

“I’ll miss you too, Caleb,” I replied, my voice cracking with laughter for some reason.

“What’s so funny?” he asked, now confused. I shrugged in response and pulled Caleb into another hug.

“Make sure you don’t go ghost on me. I want to hang out with you sometime!”

Just as Caleb was about to reply, Liam rudely pushed him out of the way.

“Sorry to interrupt you two,” he muttered, glaring at the two of us, “but we’re about to leave, Brooklyn. So get in the car. And thanks for closing the trunk. I still had shit to put in,” he muttered, pointing to a duffle bag that was by his feet.

I scoffed at his rudeness and turned back to Caleb whose expression matched mine.

“Well aren’t you just a fucking ray of sunshine. Have a nice 5 hour flight with this douche, Brooklyn,” Caleb sneered before going back to the house. Liam shut the trunk much more roughly than Caleb had and practically ripped the door open.

Admittedly, I was nervous. While I didn’t think Liam actually had anger management problems, there had been a few incidents where he got so mad, it was scary. Even though I didn’t think he would ever hurt me, it still wasn’t pleasant being around someone that was so pissed off.

After blowing a kiss to my mom, I crawled into the taxi. Liam was looking in the opposite direction and his head was against the window. As the car drove away I moved as far away from him as possible, leaning my head against the window as well.

The whole ride there Liam didn’t shift his gave from the window. Not once. I, on the other hand, kept sneaking looks at him hoping that I might catch his eye. When we reached the airport, I had become very unsettled. Why was he ignoring me? Was he jealous that Caleb had my number? The other option hurt me too much to even think about it, but it was still there in the back of my head. Maybe he was listening to his father and ‘letting me go’.

The cab driver was very polite and pulled my suitcase out of the car for me when Liam didn’t. After taking the money from Liam and wishing us a safe flight he pulled away, leaving me and Liam alone.