CHAPTER 8- A short chat with the KFC man.

Flashback:

"Hello, Talia." He said as he nodded approvingly at me.

"I've been expecting you."

-*-*-*-*-*-

"...Uh, why did you call me, K-Um, Bathala, Sir." I said, sweating.

"Well," He started, going to his chair and sitting down, "I heard that you had a bit of difficulty of understanding our purpose, and I wanted to give you a tour of the Diwata Site, like how I do to all of the newcomers here."

He now looked at me questionably. "Now, any questions before I start the tour?"

"W-Well, two questions. Maybe more. First of all, all of the past memories I remember that I with my 'mom' when I was younger's fake, right?"

"Well, yes."

"If so, what was my past?"

"Well, you see," Bathala said, looking a little tense. "To be honest, we don't quite know. We just discovered a great source of power somewhere in Manila, and if you didn't know, powerful deities tend to attract a lot of monsters, so I sent Hannah, Ribu, and Maya there to rescue the source, and lo behold, here you are now."

"....WHAAAT?!? SO YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I CAME FROM?!? WHO MY PARENTS ARE, WHERE I GREW UP, NOTHING?!?!?"

"...." He went silent for a moment. "Yes. I'm terribly sorry, Talia."

"...Wait a minute, Maya and Ribu were there!?!"

He deadpanned. "Tell me, What was the name of your history teacher?"

"Maya-oh...But who's Ribu??"

"I believe he was your gym teacher, Mr. Leon."

"What? But Mr. Leon was serious and strict while Ribu's just mellow and chill!"

He sighed. "Mr. Leon can break a radio system of a bus, which is literally impossible for everyone. And also, even though he's an idiot, he can act. And acting, believe it or not, is a vital ability in survival."

...Wow. I'm so dense. But still, not knowing a thing about where I came from....that's kinda sad. But there's still one more question that's been in my mind for a while.

"Which deity am I?"

"......" His stare softened a little. "You are the reincarnation of Tala, the powerful goddess of the stars, and one of the daughters of Bathala."

"......YOU'RE MY DAD!?! AND MAYARI'S MY SISTER?!??"

His stare then hardened, as he looked at me with frustration. "You're really dense, aren't you?"

"But still, is it like that-"

He sighed heavily. "Only spiritually, in a sense. But in a literal meaning, goodness no. Now, do you have any more questions?"

...I do, but I think I already wore him down and he'll just get mad, so...

"Nope."