Chapter 14- Is Glowing Goo Poisonous???

"...Oh."

That was all Talia could say as they entered the room.

The room, with its basic white walls, basic wooden floor, basic window, and only one thing inside of it....was pretty boring.

Then again, if that one thing was a huge glowing golden statue in the middle, could you call a room boring?

It stood about six feet tall, depicting a muscular man with long hair, his arms spread wide. He had a small crown-like headpiece rested on his head, and he wore nothing else but a loincloth, for the...uh, part. It emitted a golden glow, making you feel as if the statue oozing with power.

All in all, it screamed, "FEAR ME, MORTAL!!!"

Talia turned to the group, confused. "What's a half-naked glowing guy with long hair gonna do, besides, uh, glow, and freak people out?"

Allen frowned at that statement, while the others winced, or stifled a smile. (I'll let you guess who those were.)

Maya facepalmed. "Right, you didn't get the tour."

She gestured at the statue. "This is one of the last surviving sacred stuff concerning Philippine mythology, which help us focus and lessen the chance of messing up much more advanced spells, like teleporting to sacred shrines." She noticed Talia's expression and hastily added, "And no, I don't know why they thought Bathala had long hair."

Talia tensed. THAT WAS MR. ALLEN!!?!

"Well, if you're done chatting about my past self's appearance right in front of me, let's go back to the task at hand. Talia?"

"Y-yes?"

"All you have to do is grab onto the statue, concentrate your magic, and it will help transfer you to where you feel you need to go."

She nodded. That sounds easy enough...

She saw them staring at her, waiting.

Oh. She gulped. They were expecting her to go first.

She reluctantly approached the statue, grabbed its arm with her free hand, and stared at it.

....Ok. Time to focus. She closed her eyes and started to concentrate.

She thought about all the spells she had accidentally made and the way she felt every time she used her dagger.

Energy surged through her body, exactly like last time. She panicked.

Uh...

She imagined that she instead of here, she was...somewhere safe.

Was that enough?

She gasped. The command came to her.

'ᜉᜎᜒᜉᜆ᜔' Palipat. Transfer, or in this case...teleport.

She opened her eyes and stopped, dumbfounded.

Instead of the room, filled with all her friends and acquaintances, she and the statue now stood in a meadow. Everything was paler and flickered slightly as it moved, as if she was in a watered-down reality.

She felt a slight uneasiness churn in her stomach and silently thanked Bathala's statue. She sensed that if she tried to do this without it, she might've passed out. Again.

As her magic strengthened, the colors started turning clearer: the grass more vibrant, the sky turning a brilliant blue, the clouds regaining their luster...