CHAPTER 10- What is wrong with Talia's family?

Flashback:

He sneered. "You fool. Isn't it obvious? I left the Diwata Site. The only reason I came back was because my new boss sent me here for a mission: to kill all the deities here, starting with you two, Maya and Talia."

He then smirked.

" Or should I say, sisters."

-*-*-*-*-*-

"....Hahahaha." Maya forcibly laughed, making an obviously fake smile at him. "Funny joke, Apol. But seriously, scaring newcomers with that information that is clearly made up crosses the line a little bit. Why don't you rest a while, you must still be tired."

Apol's smirk vanished and turned to a scowl as he clasped his hands together. When he set them apart, a fireball as big as a basketball is now being held in his hands. He took the fireball in his right hand and hurled it towards us.

Panicked, Maya pulled me down as she ducked, barely dodging the fireball.

"..." Maya carefully set me and Ribu sit at the side. "...So you're actually serious. You wanna destroy this place, and...you're my brother..." She exclaimed, eyes downcast.

His eyes flashed with annoyance. "Yes. What took you so long?"

She then gazed at him with a fierce and angry stare. "The invasion this morning...you were in it?!?"

He looked at her nonchalantly. "Yes."

She stared at him longer...and glowered at him. "You'll pay for what you've done."

Maya charged at Apol, thrusting her kampilan at him.

Unfortunately, he dodged the attack and then kicked her in the side very hard, the force being hard enough for her to hit a wall and spit out blood.

My eyes widened with terror as I forcibly struggled to make my body stand up shakily, slightly using Ribu's head for support. (Sorry, Ribu!) "M-Maya! Let me h-help-"

"NO!" She suddenly shouted, fixing her fierce gaze at me.

"...B-But I can-"

She shook her head at me. "Don't, Talia. You can barely stand up. Let me deal with Apol-"

"LOOK OUT!" I cried out in warning.

She flinched, looked at Apol and barely dodged his fist erupted in flames by stumbling to the side.

I winced at the huge, slightly burnt crack that was left on the wall.

'Well, at least Maya didn't get hit with that.' I thought, trying to look at the bright side. But of course, since that was the only positive thing that happened, of course, my thoughts drifted to the negative ones.

'...But if this fight prolongs, she might be defeated, and Apol might kill her, and the fact that she's tired from our encounter with the monsters, that's a very high chance and I can't help, since I'm just literally running on adrenaline right now, and I'm bound to pass out any moment right now...