CHAPTER 3- DREAMING...

I'm not a fluent Spanish speaker, so I used Google Translate

I'm not a fluent Spanish speaker, so I used Google Translate. So I'm sorry if I get anything wrong.

-*-*-*-*-*-

I REMEMBER the day our awkward science teacher teached us about a "surprise lesson!"

"N-Now children, dreams have no connection to our emotions or thoughts. They're just strange stories that don't relate to normal life. And, um, others say that dreams can relate to our deepest desires, fears, and concerns, especially recurring dreams." He shakily sighed in relief after saying that.

Then Allen raised his hand.

"Y-Yes, boy?"

"Mr. Sam, did you study that because it was interesting, or because you always wet your pants while sleeping?" The class chuckled at his joke.

"......" Sam looked at Allen with shock. "How did you know?"

......Yeah, it's safe to say that was an awkward day for the class.

But now I have a question for you, Mr. Sam.

Why would my deepest desire be a man running in a forest crazily like a wannabe little red riding hood?

The man looked around 20, with the natural Filipino skin and messy dark hair. He was wearing a bloodied white shirt with red scarf, topped off with a questionable hat. Also with pants, of course

He looked around, drastic, ran to my direction.

"Wooah there buddy," I said, making jazz hands. "Personal space-"

WHOOSH! The man went through me like a ghost. I turned around, and I saw him hiding in a tree.

'Hm, so they can't see me and I'm like a ghost here.' I thought, amused. 'Interesting. Veeeery interesting.'

......

'I'm so weird.'

Angry voices shouted from the direction he came from:

"Encuentra el Katipunero!" (Find the Katipunero!)

"Si encontrara a ese hijo de una haina, Le daré la muerte más brutal!" (When I find that son of a hyena, I'll give him the most brutal death!)

"Le daré una bofetada que lo vestirá de torero!" (I'll give him a slap that will dress him as a bullfighter! [I'll hit him very hard!].)

I chuckled a little at the last one. And yes, I speak Spanish.

.......I was bored, ok?

Silence after the third one, then I heard a loud slap, an "AY!", and a facepalm.

"Soplagaitas...." (Fool) Someone muttered

After that, the Spanish people came into view, armed with swords and horses galore. Hey, that rhymed!

Anyways, I suddenly realized that the Spaniards had the same problem as the hiding Filipino: Their sense of fashion.

They were wearing clothes so fancy-like Queen Elizabeth's fashion consultant's trembling.

They also have black hats. I appreciate the hats.

After a few minutes of them searching for the Filipino who I now realize is a Katipunero[1]*, (stupid, dumb self) they gave up and rode away.

For a long time, the Katipunero didn't move, uncertain. Then he let out a shaky sigh, relieved.

"Ahah!" A voice exclaimed beside him, and tackled the Katipunero.

"Realmente pensaste que ibas a escapar del Imperio Español?" (Did you really think that you were going to escape the Spanish Empire?) The Spaniard said darkly, scowling at the Katipunero.

The Katipunero started to tremble, saying, "Pakiusap naman, Kastila. Maawa ka!" (Oh please, Kastila[2]*. Have mercy!)

The Kastila's scowl turned into a smirk. "Sabihin mo sa akin kung sino ang pinuno ng iyong kaibig-ibig na samahan, at tutulong ako na ng gobernador-heneral na palayain ka." (Tell me who is the leader of your pitiful organization, and I'll help get the president consider sparing you.)

The Filipino's scared eyes suddenly filled with determination, and he said, "Hindi ako magtataksil sa bansa ko." (I will not betray my country.)

The Kastila scowled again, and started to take his sword out.

My eyes widened when I finally realized what he was going to do, and tried to run to them, but it's like I was stuck in place.

The Kastila lifted his sword, poised to stab him....I admit I screamed at that moment.....

FLASH! Wisps of light started to surround the Kastila, forming into strange symbols like the ones from....... Where again? Agh, doesn't matter.

The symbols glowed into a royal blue, making the Kastila freeze in place.

"Agh! Por qué no me puedo mover?!?" (Agh! Why can't I move?!?) The Kastila said, straining his body to move but to no avail

"Who gave you the right to hurt that Filipino?" A mysterious voice echoed across the the woods.

The Kastila paled, fear evident in his eyes, but still had the nerve to say angrily, "C-Coward! Show yourself and fight me face to face!"

"Oh?"

Suddenly, colorful wisps of light came from the forest, circling a certain spot and glow really bright, make me close my eyes.

The light then subsided, so I slowly opened my eyes...

And saw a goddess.

-*-*-*-*-*-

[1]: Katipunero: A member of the Katipunan, a group that was made when the Spanish had conquered poor Philippines for 333rd year.

[2]: Kastila: What rich Spanish people were called in the Spanish era, when Filipinos still didn't know about curse words.