CHAPTER 11- Allen's having a bad night.

Allen didn't know how to feel when he met Talia.

Not that he hates her, though she does tend to be irritating when she asks lots of questions, it's just that...

She just reminded his godly self too much of Tala.

Not the grown-up Tala, a powerful woman who was also adventurous and pretty reckless, mind you, but the teenager one.

A mellow, curious deity, eager to learn about the world of mythology. Reckless and adventurous too, but more controlled.

Frowning, Allen shook his head and tried to focus back on his 'important' paperwork.

...He then just gave up, deciding to take a break, and turned his seat to gaze at the nighttime view of Batala, a place for Bathala's sacred animal, with the said animals' feathers emitting a heavenly glow of light, just in case your average deity gets lost.

...But still, the fact that his past self picked that a blue-blackbird would be his sacred animal out of all the animals he could choose from, like, I don't know, a dragon, made him silently doubt Bathala's common sense, which is weird since he is Bathala.

But before he could continue judging his past self, he was cut off by the sound of a loud crashing sound outside,

...though after calming down, merely facepalmed, and begrudgingly stood up and get out of his office to lecture the clumsy person who must've done that.

... Well, considering all the weirdness that he has faced in a world where gods exist, he sure wasn't ready for...a terrified manananggal collapsed on the floor right in front of his office, making raspy shrieks at the sight of Allen.

Allen stared at it, eyes narrowed...and with a flick of his wrist, the manananggal was enveloped in glowing ethereal shades of blue, purple, and green, making it shriek louder, this time from pain and agony, and slowly but surely, disintegrated.

Now feeling wary now knowing that a monster managed to break in the most secure sanctuary he has ever known 'cause seriously, it's a FLOATING ISLAND, Allen then decided to completely ditch his boring duties and try to find out what the heck was going on.

So, he went directly to a hallway...which he found out too late was filled with monsters, waiting for a poor god to come in, though when they saw him...

"HAHAHA! LOOK, KFC GUY'S A GOD! HAHAHAHA!" One of the monsters said, cackling.

"HUEHUEHUE! I BET HE'S THE GOD OF FRIED CHICKEN!" A duwende chimed in, giggling.

The monsters howled with laughter.

Allen glared at the monsters and then raised both of his hands in the air, filling the hallway with magical light. Now, instead of laughter, it was their screams of pain and torture.

Allen suddenly wished he never left his office at all, because judging from this, and what just happened in the office,

this was going to be a long night.

-*-*-*-*-*-

Ribu is starting to get a little angry at this fight, even though he should be fearing for his life.

Okay, you know what? Scratch that, he's really angry. I mean come on, how is it possible for a guy to turn evil and be OP and get a cool sword and be able to do a really good job at fighting two people that have at least 1 year more fighting experience than him all in a 1 MONTH VACATION IN BATANES?!??

He screams in anger and frustration as he charges at Apol swinging his axe desperately, electricity coursing through it.

Apol blocked the attack with his flaming sword and punched Ribu in the gut, making him stumble back and fall on his behind. He then shot another fireball at Maya who was full of tense energy and she was able to dodge it at the last possible second.

While Ribu was trying to get a hold of himself, Maya charged in, only to get punched really hard in the face, making her fall.

Shocked, Ribu tried to help Maya get up but before they could do anything else, Apol kicks him in the chest, making him fall down with Maya with a thump, and before they could do anything, proceeds to beat them up.

After a few moments of making their lives more miserable than it already was in this situation, he simpered at his foes as they lay beaten on the floor.

"Any last words?" Apol said, smirking proudly at them

"......." Both of them stayed silent.

Apol's smirk slowly turned to an impatient frown as he roughly nudged the both of them with the flat of the sword. "Hey morons! Wanna die without saying anything, or what?"

Ribu slowly craned his neck to shakily smile at him. "O-Oh, I heard you loud and clear. I j-just wanted to savor the sound of you actually s-shutting up."

Maya instantly laughed, but then quickly covered her mouth, wincing.

Apol looked at them, shocked...then scowled. He kicked Ribu really hard, which made him cough out blood a little. "Even in the face of death, you idiots still manage to make a fool out of yourselves. Well, I hope the judges give you two a terrible punishment." He said, his words laced with venom. Apol then steadied his sword in a position that could easily cut both of their heads off and made it go for the target...

The sword then stopped, faltering, as it was enveloped by a celestial light, and flew out of his grip, shocking him for a moment, and making his hostages look at him, weirded out until being suddenly levitated to the other end of the hallway, now openly gaping.

...Apol sighed, clearly irritated, and craned his head to the right to glare at Allen, who was looking at him with a fierce gaze, with a cautious Talia was behind him, who was still tired but can manage...I mean, the best a person exhausted from beyond point can, at least.

"Well look at that! Looks like the 'hero' came back with backup, ready to save the day." He said mockingly.

"...So it is true." Allen said, staring at him, his gaze never wavering. "You've gone to work for him..."

Apol's glare turned more deadly.
"Wow, did it take you that long? Well, yes. I did join him. And to be honest, this might've been the greatest choice I've ever made! Yeah, he's bad and all, but at least he cares enough to actually try to do something so that he can actually HELP HIS ALLY!!!"

Bathala and the others visibly flinched, while Talia looked at them, confusion evident in her eyes.

"W-What does he mean? What's going on? Did I miss something?"

He laughed dryly. "Why am I not surprised. Of course, you haven't told her. After all, you wouldn't want anyone to know that the great Bathala actually did something wrong."

Bathala took a deep breath and took a step forward. "Apolaki, please, don't do this-"

"NO!" Apol hissed and jabbed his sword in his direction, stopping him. "You have no right to speak. After all, what you've done was far worse.

I'm just following your example, father.

-*-*-*-TO BE CONTINUED-*-*-*-