Chapter 39: Shawn VIII

Chapter 39: Shawn VIII Breakthrough

I woke up in our hotel room. I thought if I was ever going to wake up, that I would be in the hospital. I guess because I healed the physical wounds they didn't' see the point. Bruce was in the other bed sitting up. He looked over at me, after hearing me get up.

"Hey man," his voice stoic, but with a hint of relief. "We did it. Lillith is dead."

"The others?"

"Well, Charlie went to go get Lisa and Jasmine. Apparently, we were gone since last midnight. Jasmine seem like she was upset about missing two evening sermons and the morning sermon, but she said she'll just buy the DVDs and we can watch it together.

The other came into the room. Lisa hugging Bruce and then me, while Jasmine started with me and then Bruce. Charlie rolled his eyes.

"I guess to get a hug, one needs to pass out." Both girls laughed and hugged him.

"I can't believe we survived," I said. "Glory to God, we survived."

"And we only have signs of exhaustion, thanks to you," Jasmine said.

There was a knock at the door and Charlie answered it. Behind him was Irene. She still wore her nun outfit. She seemed happy. A small smile on her face.

"I didn't' think it was possible. You defeated Lillith. I'm free now. I released the others and told them what happened. They said they owe you guys, I do too."

"You don't owe us," I said.

"Shawn's right. All we want is for you to go home. Your husband and son are missing you." Jasmine said.

She nodded, "I missed them too. I can't keep running. I hope God forgives me."

"He does," I said, "He wants you to forgive yourself and use your ability."

She nodded. "I will, you all proven to me that God believes in us. Even when we are at our worst. I just wanted to say thank you."

With that Irene left. We all sat smiling. "What's next for us? We have these abilities."

"We do what you just said to Irene. We use them to help others." Jasmine said, "but first we all should get some sleep."

"Did Jasmine just make a joke?" Charlie laughed as the girls left. I closed my eyes, prayed to God, and went to sleep.