Layla's Backstory

Before any of this happened... Before this, Darkness took over sweet little Layla... She used to be the average 4 year old girl.

Layla was oblivious to the big wide world that was in front of her that was full of lies, hate and anger. She always thought it was a happy and safe place, where no one got hurt, and where there was no death. She thought her family was normal, the one's who were always smiling , laughing, and getting along, normal...

But oh, she was so wrong, so very wrong.

Her mum and dad were always verbally, emotionally and physically hurting each over everyday, and every hour they where together, but Layla thought that was how loved work, how families should be, as it was the only thing she knew she thought it was right for them to be abusing each other like that.

Her crystal blue eyes shined with joy and happiness as she played in her two story house with her mother and father fighting down stairs as they would do, but she never took note of that...

Till... Now...

-9 years Later-

It was the year 1958, every child would be playing outside in the sun enjoying themselves with their happy families, most of them had siblings to play with or parents but Layla had no siblings and her parents were to busy fighting, she barely even went outside to play as she was now seeing more of the world...

She was much vulnerable to the Darkness at this stage...

She saw no point anymore of trying to make friends, or to even be happy.

Her once perfectly gold tanned skin was now paler than a piece of paper her once silky soft blonde hair was no scruffy and let down down to covering her face, as she looked tired all the time, unrested. As on this day she was wearing no shoes and only wore her golden yellow dress that her mother made her for her 13th birth day...

As she stayed silent watching out the window staring at the cheerful children run around laughing like no tomorrow. Only a single tear left her eye as it slide down from her cheek it was not only a normal tear it was a tear of the sadness as she felt like she would be never happy again.

She quickly wiped it away as she saw it as a sign of weakness.

Soon that feeling of hopelessness, and sadness turned to shock in only a split second as she froze at the sound of glass smashing which was quickly followed by a high pitched scream of fear and horror.

"Mum?", her childish voice whispered to herself as she raced out of her plain empty room that painted a cream white.

Layla's heart beated faster then ever before as she ran down the red and gold lined carpet stairs to the kitchen where she heard the sound come from.

When she looked up, poor little Layla wished she stayed in her room and hid away... she was now looking down at the scene that was in front of her.

Her mother... Was dead laying lifeless on the white tiled floor that was now being covered by her own red blood.