21

Monday, 7:30pm

Kirishima's POV:

"Wet suit, please." I said.

"Sir, we have plenty of other swimming outfits too. I think swimming trunks would be far more practical-"

"No thank you. Wet suit, please." I repeated.

I can't wear trunks.. he'll see the scars..

"R-right. That's all you need? You can buy one, too. We have plenty up for sale-"

"No. Just rent. Bye." I said and rushed into the men's changing room, slamming the door.

Phew...

At least Bakugou agreed to take me here after school hours. If not, I would be screwed.

"Uh? Kirishima? Kirishima Eijirou?" I heard a familiar voice call. Shit! I forgot to tell Bakugou that I'm already here!

"H-here! I'm in here!" I peeked through the door, to be met with an angry Bakugou.

"Uh... I forgot to tell you I came early..."

"Forgot?! How the fuck did you forget?! Wherever.. get ready. I'll meet you by the side of the pool. Be quick." He said sharply.

I nodded.

I picked up the wetsuit and tried to put it on, which was harder than expected. Especially the zip at the back. But somehow, I managed.

I nervously walked out of the changing room, and looked out over the giant pool.

I gulped.

This is so fucking stupid. I'm so fucking stupid. I know what happens when I get into water.
I don't come out. Unless my dad grabs me.
I don't want Bakugou to see me like that.
I knew what would happen. And I went along with it anyway.

"Yo! Over here! Stop spacin' out!" Bakugou yelled, snapping me out of it.

I looked around. Why is it empty? Where is everyone? Well, it is late. And winter.

"Can you fucking hurry up!" Bakugou yelled again.

I made my way over, staring fearfully at the water.

"Come on. There's nothing to be afraid of. See?" Bakugou jumped in. He splashed me a little and I jumped back. I... can't move.

"Look. Hold on." He took my hand, gently guiding me into the water. It's cold! I jumped back again.

"You'll get used to it. It's easier to just put your head under, straight away. You get used to it faster. Like peeling off a bandaid." He pulled me further into the water, until my feet touched the bottom and it was almost to my shoulders.

"Uh..." I whined worriedly.

I don't like this feeling. I don't like it..

"There. You're in. Now I'll step back a little and you can try to swim toward me-"

"Nononononono-" I wrapped my arms around Bakugou's neck. "Y-you can go-"

"I'm not going. Just watch. If I get to far from you, tell me to come back." He gently unhooked my arms from around his neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bakugou's POV:

Jeez... he's so scared.

I took three steps back from him. He seemed to be getting more and more nervous.

I stopped at around seven steps away from him.