*Vampires - Not Named

"Quote to Come"

-

Nicolai -

The hunger came in waves, day by day it grew. Within the last few days when Nicolai wasn't feeding himself enough. He would be starving on his way home from work to the point he was nearly collapsing. It didn't become noticable until today.

Nicolai was hungry, per usual and made his now routine stop to the local store. He picked up his granola before heading home. His normal route had been crossed off and the police stood there, crossing the back way with yellow tape. He stood with his granola and looked at the police officers with worry.

"I understand that this is a crime scene, and I do not mind being escorted, but my apartment building is at the end of this backway. I don't have the key to go through the other entrance. May I go through?" He pulled out his apartment key with his room number and the policemen talked for a moment.

"Leia will take you through," the policeman spoke with a stern tone and a woman grabbed my arm to lead me through.

Nicolai followed silently, making sure he stayed as far as he could against the wall. The woman's grip tightened as they neared another line of tape. She helped him under and the two walked by a group of policemen talking. After explaining his situation, they let Nicolai through as well.

His hunger grew as they neared his apartment. He reached into his bag and started to eat his granola. The policewoman glared and he shrunk back, beginning to chew quieter. They passed by the crime scene and Nicolai had to turn to the side not to look.

"It was the usual shooting around here. We see these daily, just a bullet to the shoulder, but for some reason no one heard him screaming." The policewoman explained as Nicolai began to feel himself drool.

He looked at the man and felt saliva fill his mouth. His eyes widened as he felt an unknown throbbing start in his neck and teeth as he continued to devour his granola. Nicolai nearly spit it out at the flavor and grimaced when Leia turned around to give him a confused expression.

Nicolai stayed silent and held onto his throbbing neck as they finally reached his apartment building after a minute or two of walking. He thanked the policewoman before nearly springing to his room. His door locked behind him and he collapsed onto his couch. Nicolai sat looking at the granola with distaste.

He went to the fridge to find nothing to his taste. Every bite he took tasted worse and worse. Nicolai sighed and gave up, going back to his couch. His head pounded and his heart ached, making him lay there in agony.

His doorbell rang and he got up to get it and his good friend came in. He grinned and hugged Nicolai before raiding the fridge. Nicolai sat back down on the couch and his friend joined him shortly afterwards with handfuls of food.

"Lexi I'm not feeling well, can we end it here tonight?" Nicolai looked up to see Lexi eating all the food.

"I know you're not sick, you would have told me. Let's go to Midnight then, I believe they're having a drink sale today." Lexi grinned and put the food away before going to Nicolai's bathroom to change into more presentable clothes.

Nicolai rolled his eyes and grabbed a sweater from behind him and tugged it on. Lexi came out wearing a pullover, fitted pants, and his signature smile. He walked out the door, waiting for Nicolai to lock it behind the two. They walked down the stairs, past the security guard, and out the front door of a different part of the building.

After a few minutes of walking the two arrived to the bar. Lexi guided Nicolai to the bar and the two sat down. He glanced around at the dark atmosphere, wincing when the bright lights hit his eyes. His gaze cast down as he looked at the drink menu.

"I'll have the Angel's Kiss," Nicolai muttered under his breath and was quickly followed up by Lexi's order.

The bartender tried to speak up to Nicolai and was met with a glare. She stopped and went to the back to get their non alcoholic drinks. Shortly, she returned along with a man following her. He tapped the table to get Nicolai's attention.

"We need to see your ID."

"That drink doesn't contain alcohol, why can I not have it?" Nicolai growled at the man and received a smirk on response.

The bartender scurried off and the man motioned for Nicolai to follow him as he went around to the other side of the bar. Giving a curt excuse to Lexi, he followed the man to a side hallway by the back. He stood there looking down on Nicolai with a confused expression. The man took a deep breath and his eyes turned deep red.

"This is a bar for the magical. Your friend over there is an angel, but you don't seem to know what you are. You passed our bartender's test, she can smell magic, but she couldn't tell what you were, so tell me." Nicolai raised his brow and began to laugh softly.

"That's very funny, Mr. Whatever, now what do you want?" The man sighed and tilted Nicolai's neck towards his neck.

"Be quiet little one, everything will be alright. I'll explain everything once this is over. You've been hungry recently haven't you?" Nicolai swallowed before nodding.

"What are you doing?" He exclaimed, ignoring the man's words.

"I'm here to make sure your first feeding goes smoothly." Nicolai felt his mouth began to water again as he stayed close to the man's neck.

The man picked up Nicolai, helping him wrap his legs around his waist and guided him to a private room in the back. The lights were dimmed as the man locked the door. He walked the two to the couch and sat down. Nicolai whimpered as he laid there, feeling his mouth pulse and his heart race.

"My name is Angel, it's okay, you can go ahead." Nicolai looked up at him shyly before feeling his teeth extend.

He bit into his neck gingerly, until he began to gulp down his blood. His conscious had been overwhelmed by the smell of this man's blood as he continued to let the pleasure overwhelm him. Nicolai nearly moaned at the taste before pulling away, lapping at the blood on his neck. He blinked for a moment, regaining his senses before trying to jump back.

Angel held him close, making sure Nicolai didn't try to run away. "It's okay, yes that did just happen. You are a vampire little one, it's okay." He rubbed his back soothingly and Nicolai sat there confused.

His throat began to throb again and he let out a whine of pain. He looked at Angel as if pleading for him to do something. Angel looked at Nicolai with a small smile and moved closer to his neck. Nicolai tilted his neck and whimpered as he bit him.

"Angel," he whispered softly, unable to say anything else.

A sudden pain washed over him and he ripped away from Angel. His shoulder was on fire but his body felt like it was bring torn apart. Angel held him close, confused as to why he was reacting like this. He cleaned up the bite and recieved a sigh from Nicolai.

Nicolai looked down on him hungrily, wanting more blood. He let out a quiet whimper and Angel sighed before allowing him to continue feeding. His hands ran up and down his back, knowing that recently awoken need a lot of flood. Angel sat and waited, noticing that Nicolai was taking more blood than what he needed before helping Nicolai off.

"Love, I think it would be best to turn you into a full vampire. I can see you looking at my neck again even though you just ate enough. Will you be able to control your instincts?"