Ridgewood Academy

"Liars are those that are punished"

Calixto -

"We will be taking you in for testing now," a voice over the speaker hummed as Calixto sat still in the chair.

A person waited by the door wearing relaxed clothing and a frown. Calixto got up with shaking hands and followed the person to another room. It was ghostly quiet   as their footsteps echoed down the halls. The walls were painted a light blue and the floor so reflective it was like a mirror.

"Sit down, face the wall, don't move." The person opened the door and stood guard as Calixto looked inside.

"This is all for a math test? Y'all are crazy up in here." He rolled his eyes and did as he was told.

Calixto sat and crossed his leg over the other. The lights began to dim as a table came into light in front of him. He looked around for cameras and noticed an odd yellow blinking in the corner and glared. The table wheeled to him, squeaking as it did so.

"Drink the liquid inside the cup." Calixto continued to sit and ignored the voice.

His chair collapsed from under him and he groaned when he hit the floor. He questioned the odd smell that began to fill the room with worry and stood up. Calixto took the glass and smashed it against the camera. The light flickered until it went off and the door opened once more.

"Since you're not cooperating with us, we're going to do this a different way." The person stepped in with a ball of fire in their hand and a wicked grin.

"No thank you," Calixto grumbled and crossed his arms over his chest.

The person ignored him and stalked closer, the ball of fire growing larger. Calixto grumbled and gingerly picked up a large piece of glass. He held it behind his back as the person came closer. Their eyes widened as he threw the piece at them, kicked their knees, and sprinted out of the room.

The door shut behind him, locking the person inside, yet the lock began to melt before freezing. Calixto gulped and began to run in the opposite direction, noticing a large entrance. He knew that he was likely locked in and continued to search the building for something to pry the door open. Noticing a fire extinguisher, he grinned and lifted it up, making his way to the front door.

Calixto slammed the extinguisher into the handle and the door opened to paradise. He sprinted out to be met with white. There was nothing, the building was gone, everything was white but him. He was suspended in the air, looking around to see nothing.

"Welcome back," a woman whispered as Calixto felt himself being coaxed back into the land of the living.

Calixto blinked, looking up to see the woman and an array of cords connected to him. He glarred and tried to wiggle out of the machines. His hands were strapped down and he snapped at the woman as she neared him. She profusely took notes and another doctor came in.

"We strapped you down because we were worried you would be aggressive when you woke up, let us untie you." The doctor came and undid the bounds, helping Calixto sit up and offered some water.

"Y'all better explain yourselves. I was told I was taking a math placement exam and I was just put through hell," Calixto sneered and gulped down the water, feeling his throat dry.

The woman took more notes and looked up to see Calixto glaring and scurried off. The doctor had begun to take off the cords but noticed a spike on one of the machines. A button was pressed next to Calixto and the straps came over his wrists again. His eyes widened as the doctor backed up.

"Pat, he's flaring up, we need to sedate him now!" The doctor looked up to a corner of the room and Calixto rolled his eyes, laying down with a yawn.

The door burst open and four people came in with a tray. They came to Calixto's side and injected him with the substance. He began to fight the restraints as they did so and felt his throat go dry again. The people began to back up as his eyes rolled back and darkness consumed him.

"He passed the exam with flying colors. Mr. Waters will be one of our best students. All of his belongings have been moved to his dorm and we are waiting for the final signatures." Calixto sleepily blinked and winced at the bright lights.

He laid on a couch with his hands bound by a red silk. His guardians sat across from the doctor signing away. Calixto tugged on the silk, glad it wasn't tight. He sat up quickly, feeling his body away.

"You will be taken to your dorm now." A man appeared at the door and helped Calixto up, them leaving without a goodbye from his guardians.

"Let me go, I can walk myself you know." Calixto fought the man until he let go and the two walked in silence until they reached the dorm.

The door was opened for Calixto and shut behind him as he stumbled in. He struggled to find the light in the dark room. His foot hit a shoebox and he fell onto the bed. Calixto grumbled as he felt someone beneath him.

The lights flickered on and the person underneath Calixto looked up with a raised brow. He sleepily looked up and laid back in the bed, bringing Calixto to his chest. His arms wrapped around Calixto, caging him in. Calixto struggled to no avail.

"Ssh, we'll talk in the morning. It's late now, let's sleep," the person murmured into Calixto's neck and he kicked his back leg until the person let go.

"Explain to me why I'm cuffed, you seem to know what's going on here." Calixto glared and looked down on the guy.

The guy grumbled before stretching, "my name's Adel, yours?" Adel waited for a response and recieived none.

"Tell me your name or I won't unbind your hands." Calixto grumbled and muttered it under his breath, recieving a chuckle from Adel.

"I don't know why you were cuffed, but you're my new roommate, are you ready for the new semester?" Adel gingerly undid the binding around Calixto's hand before typing a bow to the bedframe.

Calixto wanted answers so he confined in his new roommate, explaining everything that had just happened. Adel listened intently, his own testing being completely different but no one's was the same. His hands stayed on Calixto's waist, keeping him steady as he continued to sway, the drugs still in his system.

"They must not know your origin. Are your parents alive?" Calixto bit his lip before shaking his head.

"Been in the foster system all my life, never known my parents." He got choked up and Adel placed a reassuring hand on Calixto's.

"I'll help you figure it out. Classes and training start tomorrow after lunch since students are still moving in. Do you think you'll be able to make it?" Calixto nodded gingerly, receiving a smile from Adel.

"What is this place really? I know it's not a normal school." Adel stays silent for a moment before sighing.

"This is a place that helps those that no one else can, welcome to Ridgewood Academy."