30. Love Is Spoken

When they all disbanded, the band left Stevie and Karen to their own thing while they went to the after party. Though in that, Karen left Stevie and Lindsey alone; getting the car ready for their quick getaway, straight to the hotel.

"Lindsey, I have been dying to see you and talk to you, but why are you here?" she pressed the palms of her hands gently to the sides of his face, but then she dropped them to his shoulders.

"I had to talk to you in person," he assured, his expression not as happy as it had been before she dropped the house on him. "I was gonna call and text you, but it wasn't right. So, I left and was lucky to get here in time," he admitted.

"When did you leave?" she asked. "And why haven't you answered me, mister?"

"Yesterday early," he assured. "I was trying to leave the night before but the flight got delayed so I left in the moring."

"Well, you are quite lucky... I was going to be on my way tonight---didn't wanna travel with the band," she assured.

He nodded his head---knowing she liked to be alone at times.

"I missed you---how come you haven't answered me? I was trying to tell you what has been going on... I told Kristen and explained--"

"Did you call her?" he creased a brow.

"No, she called me to ask me why I did what I did..." she paused. "You didn't know?"

"No," he shook his head.

"Oh, you know what... She said that you didn't know, I'm sorry. But she called me to see if I had spoken to you and I hadn't... Are you mad at me or what?" she bent down to pick up her dog since she needed the support if he was going to yell.

"I've been trying to be, but I realized that I didn't know enough to be or not," he sighed. "Just... Explain to me what was happening in that head of yours, please."

"Okay, okay... I've really been wanting to tell you anyway--" she paused. "You didn't answer my question... How come you didn't answer me?"

He kind of rolled his eyes, "I left my phone at the condo when I was planning to leave, got home and I saw you called. But I wasn't gonna call back for the same reason, I wanted to wait. Then in the morning---on the plane, I turned it off and by the time I turned it back on, I was already here..." he gave a short nod in question of her satisfaction.

She rose a brow a little.

"I had to talk to you in person, okay?"

"Mhmm, I understand. But you had me so worried when Kristen called---I thought something happened to you. In my head, hell would have to have frozen over for that woman to call me," she assured.

He couldn't help but let off a small chuckle, but he soon shifted back to what it was he wanted. "Please, the house..."

"Alright..." she nodded, pulling him with her so that they could chat on the way to the hotel.

They got in the back seat of the car that Karen was driving and they talked about everything in great depth and Stevie explained from beginning to end, what had happened.

...

"Why couldn't you just tell me this?" Lindsey put his hand to his chest as she opened the door to her hotel room.

Karen had already wandered off to her own room, having left the two alone so they could hash out their issues as they normally did.

"I told you, by the time I even thought about it, it was already too late. I was nervous you'd get mad at me for holding out on you," she allowed him in first since he was carrying Lily and his duffel bag. Closing the door, "I never meant to keep it a huge secret, but as we know; I was stressed about your health, then I left, then you were stressed about my health and then we fought. We were so caught up in how things were going to flow for us that, that was the last thing I wanted to bring up. Number one; it was late and number two; you weren't supposed to know. I was supposed to give it to you as a gift for when you wanted it. I didn't think you were gonna try and buy it back," she shrugged with her hands.