3. Not Alone

Arriving home, Karen had taken Stevie home so that they could figure out where Lindsey even was.

Karen had been working that out, trying to get ahold of his assistant or manager because they were technically the only two who could stay in contact; them and the lawyers.

And that really was the hardest part; Lindsey and the band weren't supposed to have communication---Stevie and Lindsey especially. But that was along with the fact that they had one another blocked on all social platforms. However Stevie had known Lindsey not be the type to block people, though she had blocked him and recently unblocked him to talk, but at this point she wasn't even getting to hear the phone ring. Deep down, she was sure somebody blocked her, if not him.

Sitting in the car, the women just stayed parked on the curb outside Stevie's house.

"He should be home, right? They don't keep a person too long in the hospital after surgery. A week would have been sufficient---they never kept my dad longer than three days and he had actual heart attacks and stents put in," Stevie explained. "They're probably just not answering because it's me..."

"Stevie, calm down. I already got ahold of his assistant and he told me he hasn't talked to them since he was taken in. Kristen apparently gave him time off since she was going to take care of Lindsey."

The blonde rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right---she's gonna take care of him. She doesn't do it right, she doesn't know how, she's never known how."

"Yeah, not like you, right?" her assistant asked, nearly teasing but actually more serious than anything.

Stevie looked back at her and made strong eye contact. "That's not true, maybe once upon a time, she cared for him. But the only thing she's ever cared about was how much money was going into their joined bank account," she then rested her head in her hand and she kept it propped up on the car door.

"Look, boss, you're just jealous and I get that... As long as I've known you, you've been in love with each other. I can't say Lindsey's my favorite person in the world, but he's always made you happy and he's always known how to make you crazier than you are... And he's always known what buttons to piss you off or make you cry."

Stevie let off a breath of air as she listened to the woman talk only because in that, she could recall a lot of different situations regarding all those emotions. "I don't care about anything that's ever happened in the past right now... I just need to know that he's okay and the only way I'll know that, is if I see him. I have to see him," she stated, her eyes welling in tears, but instead of letting them fall, she let her head fall back into the seat.

"And we're working on it," Karen replied.

Just then the phone started ringing, causing Karen to answer while Stevie popped up, wiping the falling tears descending her face.

The phone call was very neutral and back and forth and Stevie did her best to hear what was going on.

"Yeah, I'll tell her right now," Karen agreed and then pulled the phone from her ear to hang it up.

"What happened, where is he?" Stevie turned to the side a little bit.

"He was taken in to the hospital on February first, last Thursday and he had the surgery on the second. He got home this passed Friday on the ninth," she stated. "So, he's home and he's recovering."

"Okay," she nodded. "Take me there. You got the new address, right?"

"I did... But Stevie, is this what you wanna do? Do you wanna go to their house---this is a big step," she shook her head undoubtedly.