17. Apologies

Sitting in his car, Lindsey was trying to go over her words; understanding very much that Stevie was right, but at the same time---she hindered his mood, making him crazy just like old times.

I'm sorry, he texted her---his sentence small, but he really didn't want her to be mad at him.

After he stormed off, he started to fear they would lose communication again after it had taken him so long to get ahold of her. He was lucky she came back to him, though she was lucky he accepted her apology.

Over the years, his method of making Kristen emotionally insane, he knew it was wrong and at this point in time if all that they were doing; he and Stevie, maybe it was time to just end things. Maybe this was the time solely because, they weren't getting any younger and obviously they were too old to sneak around with the messy track record of the week.

Back in the day, everything Lindsey did was to keep his wife in a good place so that he would always have his kids; his greatest fear was losing his children as well as Stevie because she really was his family. In any way, now, the kids had the right to choose for themselves and though his son wasn't too thrilled, he still rathered his father be happy.

Lindsey tapped his fingers against his knee, staring at her their thread, wondering if sending another message would piss her off more, or soften her.

He felt extremely bad for snapping and leaving while she was in the midst of recovering, simply because she didn't do that to him, even when he pissed her off then.

-

"You're a popular lady, you should answer that..." Karen hinted.

"It's just Lindsey and he's apologizing for earlier today," she had her arms crossed; her mood which had shifted the moment he walked out the door. "I don't wanna talk to him right now."

"If it's any consolation, he did apologize; that's the main thing," she pursed her lips, still lingering.

"Whose side are you on, here?" Stevie turned her head, really asking out of curiosity.

"I'm not taking sides---I never have. Legally for other matters, I'll always defend you, but I do tell you when I think you're wrong," she added.

The blonde kind of turned her head, knowing that was true.

"But all I'm saying, you and Lindsey don't apologize to each other. Sometimes you do, but right now he is taking the responsibility; he knows he's wrong. Give him the benefit of the doubt by accepting his apology. He did the same for you."

Stevie stayed quiet, her head echoing with her assistant's words only because she knew she was right. Looking back at her, she kept contact with her eyes as she let her hand drop lazily over the phone, pulling it into her grasp.

Smirking, "You are the most stubborn woman in the world," Karen shook her head, really wanting to laugh.

"No comment," she rose a brow, putting her glasses on. Twiddling her thumbs in front of the screen, staring at his latest message and name--- "What should I say then?"

"What did he say?" Karen asked.

"Sorry."

"You're kidding? You don't know what to say after that?" she creased her brow.

"Okay, fine..." Typing, I'm sorry, too, she sent the message right after before she had the desire to make it a much longer paragraph.

On the other side of things, Lindsey piped up the moment he received it. Are you mad at me? he felt the need to ask, even if it wasn't the brightest thing to give.