8. Long Distance

Sitting in her seat, on her jet---Stevie had a cozy throw blanket over her lap and Lily sat right on top, allowing Stevie to pet her.

"Do you need anything?" Karen asked.

"No, I don't---thank you," she shook her head, throwing it back into the seat and shutting her eyes only because she was extremely tired.

The early morning flights always killed her because the worst thing in the world was waking up. But with early flights, she could get to where she needed to be sooner and she could rest the way there and that's what she was doing, now, on her way to Birmingham.

"Alrighty, here's your carry on and your phone's right here," Karen then pointed out.

"Thanks," she nodded and plugged her headphones into the phone so she could listen to some demos and rough outtakes to see if she could possibly get inspiration from old stuff. After putting them on, she slipped some black eye covers over her eyes and tossed her head back once more.

As soon as she started to drift off the phone buzzed in her hand and she kind of jumped because she just wasn't expecting it.

Sliding her eye covers up, she picked up her phone and looked at the lockscreen; seeing that there was a message from Lindsey which ultimately made her pipe up.

It read; Trip back going good? he asked her.

Smirking, she started to type back. Yeah, it's fine... she replied. What are you doing up so early? she then questioned because there really was no reason for him to be up so early, but she did recall him to be an early riser at times.

Just got up, but I was thinking about you and yesterday.

Lindsey had decided to text Stevie since they had to both experience Kristen's annoying self once more. And given that experience, he never really had the chance to chat with her and see if she was okay and he wasn't really expecting her to say something first, it just wasn't her style when it regarded her feelings.

When Stevie had left, she was kind of in a haste and he wanted to make sure his wife didn't say anything insulting to her. He wasn't sure because he had been greeting his girls and he only saw when Stevie got into the car.

That's nice, but you shouldn't worry about yesterday. We didn't say much to each other anyway ~ mostly distasteful expressions, she had to smirk to herself.

Laughing, Well, that's good.

Yeah, nothing too serious. Did you get into it with her afterwards? she then furthered to ask.

I wasn't gonna say shit, but she flipped out like she always does. I went to the studio and then Lee came in to chat, asking about you.

She stared at the message, curling her lips to the side. I don't know how I should feel about that... she truthfully replied.

Well, it was mostly to see how we were doing as friends and she told me how she felt honestly. I feel like if you guys got the chance to chat, maybe it would straighten things even more for her. But ya know what she told me? he had to kind of scoff to himself a little.

Maybe. And what did she say to you? she answered, bringing her finger to her lips, kind of anticipating the message.

She said that I demean her mother and that I should be nicer.

Stevie read over the message, kind of biting on her thumb nail because she kind of had to agree.

Why are you taking so long to respond?