25. Guilt Is The Key

Throwing together a bag, Lindsey was kind of rummaging through his things.

When he got back to his condo, he took a shower and he got ready for his day.

There wasn't much planned for the day, but he was going to see Stevie and hopefully take her to lunch or dinner for them to just get out together for a little bit.

As he zipped his bag to throw in the car, his phone started to ring. Pulling it from his pocket, he answered.

"Hey, dad," William responded.

"Hey, kiddo---" he actually kind of smiled only because he hadn't heard from him in a while. "What are you up to?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to meet up or something? Wanted to talk to you and Stevie---Leelee told me she was back for a while."

"Uhm... I can check with Stevie---we were supposed to have dinner tonight anyway."

"Okay, I don't wanna intervene."

"I'll let you know," Lindsey assured, pulling the phone from his ear. Will wants to meet up with us. Fine if he joins us for dinner? he texted Stevie.

Of course! Sounds good ~ I wanna know he's okay, plus I haven't seen him in a long time.

He put the phone back to his ear. "Hello?"

"Yeah?" his son asked.

"She said it's perfectly alright---she misses you," he paraphrased.

"Okay, cool. What time and where?" he asked.

"Let's go for about four or five. I'll text you the address once Stevie and I settle on that," he added.

"Alright, bye---" he stated before hanging up.

Pulling the phone from his ear, Lindsey pursed his lips, unsure of his kids.

Each one seemed to have something to say about his plans with Stevie which was expected with all that had happened in the last year, though he didn't think it would all be in the first week when Stevie got home.

-

"Ah, now I'm nervous---I gotta put a little makeup on now," Stevie got up from her seat so she could go upstairs with her dog. "Bring everything upstairs," she asked Karen, gesturing to documents and other paperwork.

Karen nodded, gathering her things to follow her boss up to her room. "Why are you nervous? It's just Will..."

"Yeah, but he makes me nervous. I don't know if it's the fact that he reminds me of Lindsey or what, but he always does. He has those same beautiful features his dad has and then he has the same attitude so it's always interesting. Leelee is different because she gets along with me and she always has. But then..." she stopped. "I dunno," she waved it off as she practically skipped steps up the case.

"Well, don't worry too much about it---you'll be fine," her assistant assured.

The two women traveled up the stairs and when they got to the bedroom, Stevie took seating in front of her vanity while Lily and Karen laid in the made bed.

"So, what do you wanna do with this?" she asked, showing her the paper to the house.

"See how long it takes for Lindsey to buy it back and until then keep it quiet. Try and lower the price---give him a better price. Lindsey is good at what he does, but the house isn't worth that, that much and I'll pay the difference."

"The realtor called me and told me that Kristen called this passed week, asking for details and asking who bought it. If we don't get rid of it soon, it's only a matter of time till she figures it out and tells him."