Chapter 10: Nightmare Becomes Reality

Luigi's POV:

"No... No... K-king Boo..." I mumbled in my sleep. I was having a nightmare. King Boo woke me up. I screamed and hugged him, crying.

"Shh... It's okay, Luigi. I'm here... I'm here." Mario must've woke up from my screaming. "What's going on?" I heard my bro.

"Luigi was having a nightmare. I don't know what it was." "M-Mario...?" Was all I could get outta me. He joined in the hug. "I'm here, little bro. I'm here as well."

Few hours went by, and I was starting to feel better. They both asked me was my nightmare was about.

"It was about King Boo and me, and two guys were coming to us... A-and they were trying to hurt me... King Boo tried to stop them- but... Somehow.. they... T-they..." I started to cry again and hugged King Boo tightly.

I felt him petting my hair. "It's okay, Luigi. They won't kill me. Besides, I'm already dead." "Well, more like undead," Mario commented. I couldn't help but to laugh a little at that.

"And besides, if they try to hurt you, they won't last a second against us."

"Heh, yeah. You two would protect me," I agreed with King Boo. I looked at my brother. "Even if... It.... Costs your life...?" Mario rested a hand on my shoulder. "Even if it costs my life, Luigi." Neither of us wanted to die, but Mario would offer his own life just to save me.

Mario was starting to wipe my eyes. I was confused why he was doing it, until I snapped outta my thoughts. I felt King Boo kissing me on my cheek softly, whiling gently petting my hair. "Are you okay, my little green love?" He asked me. "Oh y-yeah... J-just.. scared..... About all of us.. and Mario might... Actually... C-come..." I choked on my words while some tears were shedding.

I felt my big brother hugging me. "It's gonna be okay, little brother. I'll always protect you. And even when I'm gone, I'll always be here for you." I hugged Mario back, crying on his shoulder.

Some hours has passed and I was dozing off to sleep on my bro. I felt King Boo gently grabbing me, around my waist, and pulling me towards on himself, causing for me to lay down on him with my head on his chest. Mario decided it's for the best if he stayed the night with us, so he fell asleep next to us.

But things weren't so peaceful when I started dreaming again...

~~In Luigi's Nightmare~~

"Fool. That was my plan. Guess I'll have to use my backup plan." I heard that familiar voice. "N-no. S-stop! Please!" I kept begging the voice to stop.

"Stop? STOP?! WHY SHOULD I? Mr. M is about to take over YOUR universe. So, why should we stop? We're more than halfway done!"

"Mr. M?" I gasped. "MR. L?!!" The voice laughed, knowing I got his name right. He and Mr. M were terrified and awful versions of me and Mario, like the Dark Bros, another version of us. I questioned Mr. L, "Wh-what A-are you g-gonna do to m-me and m-my friends- and Mario?"

He chuckled evilly before answering. "You will see, dear Luigi. You WILL see. >=)"

~~Back to reality~~

I woke up with the alarm going off. 7am. I looked at Mario, who was sleeping through the alarm. King Boo turned the alarm off, and then looked at me. "Good morning, Luigi," he told me sleepily. "Morning, King Boo," I wanted to tell him about Mr. L was in my dream, and was planning on to do something, but I couldn't.

He looked at me with a confused look. "Are you alright, Sweetheart? Did you have another nightmare again?" I should've told him. I should've told him the truth, but... Something in me won't do it. Then I realized... Mr. L is in me!!! He was making to say, "I'm alright. No nightmares," and making it sound believable.