Chapter 6: New Non-Ghostly Rival

~~6 1/2 months later...~~

Luigi's POV:

It getting near to my birthday and I was so excited. It's been a while since I saw King Boo, so I decided to go and see him tonight!

I told Mario that I was going out for the night and I'd be back by morning. He told me to be careful, and I promised him.

I grabbed my green hoodie and put it on. I grabbed my flashlight before I went out.

I went to the mansion that King Boo calls it home. I walked inside. The door shut behind me. It still scared me.

"Hello? King Boo? I'm back!" I called out.

...

But nobody came.

Something about this mansion... It doesn't feel right. Not like it felt normal in the first place, but King Boo and his minions usually greets me whenever I come.

But... No one is.

I decided to look around. My birthday is tomorrow and I wanted King Boo to be there.

"King Boo!" I called time to time.

I was getting scared, getting thoughts, what if something happened to him?!

I tried my darn best to stay calm.

I looked all over the mansion. Absolutely no boos, not even King Boo. I started to feel terrified, about to cry. "King Boo's... Missing?" I asked quietly out loud.

I tried to leave the mansion to look in around town for King Boo. But the front door was somehow locked. I had no keys on me.

"Strange. The doors are never locked. Not even King Boo locks them..." Something came into my mind. "Unless... Someone else is here." Has King Boo and the others been boo-napped?! I hated that thought.

I go straight down to the basement. It was still there! I put on my Plotguster 5000 and turn on the flashlight, ready to save King Boo. Well, if he did got boo-napped.

I saw the lighting of King Boo's crown. That's where King Boo is! I thought. I ran up to the light.

His crown was there, but it wasn't King Boo.

"Luigi, my boy! Thank you very much!!"

It was the professor?!! What's he doing here? Where's King Boo?!

"For what?" I had no idea what he was talking about. "For helping me to defeat King Boo! You lowering his guard, gaining his trust, my, Sonny! That was the most brilliant plan ever!!"

"Excuse me, WHAT?!!" HE THOUGHT I WAS STILL WORKING ON THAT?!

"Why are you so surprise? You did planned THIS, didn't you?" He revealed what was behind the curtains. I hated what I saw.

King Boo's POV:

I heard everything, even though I'm trapped in a painting. I saw Luigi. He looked terrified, and I don't blame him.

He saw me. And I saw him. Tears were coming out of his eyes.

Luigi's POV:

"Why? Why did you do this?!" I yelled at E Gadd.

"Oh ho ho ho! Because, Luigi. I wanted to stop his plans. I thought I told you not to trust him."

He did told me that. I remember. But I refused. "You planned this, didn't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." "YOU TOLD ME NOT TO TRUST HIM WHEN YOU KNEW I WAS GONNA ANYWAY!!!"

I never felt this much of anger in a long time.

"Well yes. I did. I did knew." "Then why did you do it?! Tell me now!" "After what he has done in the past, I can't just let him go!" "But he changed!!" I gasped for air after yelling that.

"He changed," I repeated more calmly. "Sure, he's not perfect, but who is anyway? Just let him go. That's all I'm asking. Set him free."

"Sorry, Luigi. But I can't do that. Unfortunately, I didn't want to do this, but..." I didn't like where he was going with this. "I must capture you too."

"No. You never wanted to capture those ghosts.. those boos.. just to "save the world." You wanted to get rid of them.. destroy them..."

"Well look who's finally caught up! Good bye, Luigi." I noticed there was a blank painting behind me. E Gadd started to use King Boo's gem that's on his crown, but I dodged in time.

We started to fight each other.