Chapter 1: Ghostly Friends

Luigi's POV:

I've just reached to the final mansion to the last Dark Moon piece is. And I'm getting the worse spooky vibes that I've been getting all night.

At this point, I just want this night to be over and my brother home.

But while I was crossing the bridge? If you wanna call it that? It started to break on me.

I run faster but barely made it. I found myself hanging on the edge. This isn't fun at all.

I tried to reach for the surface, but my right hand was slipping and the fall looks... Well actually I don't wanna think about that.

I screamed for help. I know the ghosts aren't friendly, but maybe someone would help me.

I couldn't hold on any longer, about to fall. But then, I saw a purple pink-ish light up in the sky, coming towards me.

King Boo's POV:

I heard someone screaming for help. It wasn't just anyone. It was Luigi. For some reason, I decided to follow his voice.

I saw him. He was hanging on the edge, about to fall. Something inside of me couldn't just let him fall to his death. So I quickly fly to Luigi, catching him before he falls.

"I got you, Luigi," I told him. "King Boo?" He asked me in surprised. I was actually expect for him to be surprised.

"Yes, Luigi?" "You saved me? Why?" I answered, "Because... I couldn't just let you fall like that. Something in me won't let you do that."

He was already so scared from that, and what he have been through, he just hugged me, shaking.

We've reached to the surface of the mansion that I have his brother's painting in, but Luigi wouldn't let go of me. "It's okay, Luigi. We're up on the surface now." "No.. don't.. not yet.." I guessed he didn't want to let go yet... I didn't knew why.

It wasn't long when E Gadd calls Luigi.

He answered. I listened.

"Luigi! Are you okay? That looked like that fall would've killed you."

"Yeah.. I'm okay now."

"Good- wait. Is that King Boo I'm seeing?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Uhh... Why is he here?"

"He saved me. For some reason, he saved me."

"Well.. okay.. Just be more careful out there... Please.."

"Okay.. See ya later."

"See ya, Luigi."

He hangs up. I don't know what the professor was thinking about, but I had a feeling it was about me.

Luigi looks at me. "Is.. Mario okay?" I knew he was gonna ask me about his brother. "Yeah.. he's just.. remember last time you found him in a painting?" "Yeah?" "Well he's in one of those right now. It actually doesn't harm anyone."

I saw how Luigi was so relief when I told him the truth about his brother. "Thank you."

...

We went inside of the mansion. The ghosts tried to hurt Luigi, but since I have control of them, I stopped them. "That's enough," I told them. They were confused, but they accepted it.

I noticed something on Luigi, on his face. A scar from one of the boss fights. It looked fresh, too.

"So what now, King Boo? Are you gonna set my brother free?" Luigi asked me. "Yes, but first, we need to take care of that scar of yours."

He was a bit confused, but he remembered about getting hint by ice real hard. That's where it must've come from.

I took him to the bathroom, thankfully there was a medical kit in there.

"This might hurt for a bit, but it'll help you." I cleaned his scar/cut, then bandage it.

I noticed something in his eyes. It was warm, like peace. "Thank you, King Boo. I do have a question... Why? Why are you caring for me after last time?"

To be honest, I was hoping he wouldn't ask me that.

But at this point, I didn't mind to answer...