Chapter. 28

Some of you are gunna hate me for this chapter because of what happens! I'm sorry but it just seemed like it should happen, read on!

Chapter. 28

Haley's POV

We all followed Tom, covering each other. It was too quiet, the gunshots had died down.

"I can see 'em!" A voice yelled. Suddenly gunshots filled the air as we all sprinted to the protection of the nearest building. A vampire was about to shoot me but I got him first. I quickly grabbed my lighter and set him on fire, the only way to destroy a vampire properly. We all entered the building safely, Joey and Tom both shoved a heavy sofa in front of the door.

"What were you gunna tell me about?" I asked, remembering earlier when Tom had said, he'll explain later.

"Oh right, those vampires were created from survivors of the blood games or human army members, but they have been wiped of memory, so the king can give them one order which they'll only think of and fulfil. That's why those vampires barely noticed us earlier." Tom said, before I could answer we heard the door bang as the vampires tried to open it.

"Quick, upstairs!" Tom ordered. We all raced up the stairs, until we reached the top floor.

"The fire escape, it leads onto the roof tops, they won't expect to see us there!" I said, as we all climbed up the fire escape. We raced along the roofs, occasionally sliding down the tiles, until we reached the end of the buildings and we all climbed down. I heard the second base alarm go off, meaning the vampires had gotten into that base. We all stared hopelessly at each other.

"What are we gunna do?" Tom asked.

"I dunno!" Joey sighed

"The airport..." I said

"What?" They both said.

"Last time my family got attacked by vampires, I survived because I made it to the airport." I said.

"Where would we go?" Tom asked.

"England," I replied.

"What?" Tom asked.

"I use to live in England, remember!" I said.

"But won't all flights be canceled?" Tom said.

"Not yet, I doubt, because it's the only way to get people out of America safely." I said.

"Then let's do it." Tom said. We all took off down a back street, trying to get to the city airport. "Cover me." Tom said, we all followed shooting the invading vampires.

"Ow!" A little voice screamed. I turned back to see Brooke, blood pouring out the side of her head. Shit. I ran over to her, grabbing her and running to the others. I put her down.

"Brooke!" I said. "Brooke speak to me!" I yelled

"I-I'm gunna be f-fine." Brooke said. I helplessly cried out as Brooke's eyes drifted shut. "No Brooke!" I sobbed, "Brooke! You can't die!" I sobbed even louder, my hands now covered in her blood as I cradled her head in my lap.

"We need to keep moving." Tom said quietly. I lay Brooke down again, sniffing as I tried to stop crying.

"Brooke?" I cried.

"Haley." Tom said gently.

"Brooke!" I cried again.

"Haley!" Tom said again

"No! Brooke, you can't be dead! No you just can't!" I yelled.

"Haley! She's gone!" Tom yelled. He was right, she is gone. It felt like a part of me died with her, the promise I made to protect her and now she's dead. I broke the promise, I lied! I should of protected her just now, and this wouldn't have happened. I kissed her forehead gently, before standing up, feeling like an empty soul. I followed Tom and Joey out of the alley, Tom turned around and hugged me tightly, "remember, it's not your fault." Tom whispered in my ear. My eyes darted to Joey, he stood there silently, a single tear on his face. This is what war does to people, it tears them apart from their loved ones and introduces death to the innocent. I walked over to Joey and hugged him as well, much to Tom's disapproval. We carried on walking, we were less than a mile away from the airport now. Tom had already brought the plane tickets on his phone.

"You are surrounded!" Only a voice like that could belong to no one other than Archie...

---

sorry for the short chapter! I'm sorry for killing Brooke it just seemed like a good time for it too happen. Only two chapters left!!!!!!!!! VOTE, COMMENT!