Chapter. 22

Chapter. 22

Tom's P.O.V!

I understand her crazy plan, I hope it will work.

"And if I succeed in my part of the plan, I want something from you." I smirked.

"What do you fucking want." Haley groaned.

"I want your forgiveness," I replied.

"Uh, fine." She groaned. The plan was that she would go to her execution as planned, but I will swap the injection that will kill her, with a harmless one, and she will play dead. Whilst this is happening, I'll sneak down to the prisons and release Brooke and Joey for Haley and the three will meet each other at the old fair ground, a few miles from here. Are plan to frame Archie for the escape of Brooke and Joey, will be by getting all the prisoners to say that Archie drank the blood of the two for his own pleasure, and they saw it with their own eyes. We shouldn't have to frame Archie for Haley's fake death, because everyone will assume she is dead.

"You should get some sleep, it's a big day tomorrow." I said.

"I hope it works." She said sorrowfully. I would have kissed her forehead, but she would have yelled at me, so I decided against it. I walked out the room, closing the door behind me. Stage 1 of the plan was about to take place. I sneaked into the execution room, before walking over to the execution box, where the injection was kept. I swapped the harmful liquid with the harmless liquid, then shut the box again. I didn't have to worry about fingerprints, because vampires don't have them. I wasn't worried about Haley's 'play dead' either. Werewolves could stop their heart beat and hold their breath for up to one hour which should be enough time. I walked to the prison cells, knowing there would be no guards at this time. I walked straight to Joey's cell.

"What do you want?" Joey said in an unfriendly tone.

"Look, I don't have long, but basically, Haley has been set for execution tomorrow morning, so she asked me to free you, but I'm gunna need every prisoner to say they saw Archie take you two away. So will you make sure the prisoners are in on it, and tell them that if it works, I'll find a way to save them too." I said quickly.

"You can't save Brooke though." Joey said sadly.

"What?" I asked.

"The vampires took her away about five minutes ago." Joey said.

"What the fuck!" I said. Right new plan to save Brooke. I walked over to a guard down the corridor, "the king wants no prisoners taken away before the execution tomorrow, please go and get the prisoner that was just taken away." I ordered. The guard nodded and ran towards the lift. He walked back with no one.

"I'm sorry, but the last prisoner was just killed." The guard said.

"No!" I said. Haley will be beside her self, knowing her she'll probably commit suicide, I can't tell her.

"I'm sorry, the message was not passed on quick enough. We've brought back any other prisoners." The guard said. I didn't care about the prisoners that were just saved, I couldn't see Brooke with any of them. Was she really dead? I sighed, at least I can still save Joey for Haley.

***

Haley's P.O.V

I woke up early, this could be my last day alive. There's still so much I want to do before I die. No, I mustn't think like that, the plan will work. Archie walked in with a look of smugness printed over his face. He walked over to me and pushed me towards the door, I pretended to fight against it, so it wouldn't look too obvious. He grinned before saying,

"The best news is, I'm the one that gets to give you the injection." He said. My heart froze, why him! He lead me to a room with the king and various other people in. He shoved me down on what looked like an operating table, whilst six bulky looking vampires pinned me down. Archie opened the box and pulled out an injection with what I hoped would be harmless liquid, that Tom had swapped it with.

"Well well, Haley, I guess this is the end of your rebellious ways." The king said smugly. "Okay, get it over with." He said. Archie moved my hair from my neck, sending shivers down my spine, as I felt the prick of the needle inject into my neck. Tom said it takes exactly two minutes before it usually works, then I'll have to play dead. I hope he is with Joey and Brooke at the moment, hopefully I'll see them soon. I watched the clock on the wall, two minutes were up, I held my breath and stopped my heart, as my eyes shut. Nobody knew why werewolves could stop their heart, but right now I was grateful. I felt something cold against my chest, I guessed it what a stethoscope but that's kind of useless, seeing as vampires can here my heart beating away.

"She's dead," somebody announced.

"Somebody take her body away." The king ordered, I heard everyone leave. It was never part of the plan for me to be taken away. I knew it was Archie carrying me, by the way he walked, and smelt. I don't think he noticed me breath slightly, but I kept my heart from beating. He placed me down, I knew I was outside, my chance to escape! Once I knew he was gone, I opened my eyes, I was in a courtyard of dead bodies. No, no, no, no, it can't be her! Brooke.

***

Tom's P.O.V

Brooke still wasn't here, she must be dead. I unlocked Joey's cell, before telling him where to meet Haley. I walked back to the lift and went to Haley's room, a sickness was stuck in my stomach that she could be dead, and even if she is alive, I won't see her for ages.

"Hey, lover boy." Archie's smug voice said.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly.

"Guess what, I put your dog to sleep." He laughed

"Good for you, but who's the one getting the throne, oh yes, that would be me." I smirked.

"Fuck off." He muttered,

"I want you to fuck off, but you don't hear me complaining." I sneered,

"Archie!" Yelled a voice so deep it could only belong to my uncle. My uncle barged into the room, "come here, now!" He yelled, pulling him away, he obviously wasn't happy, so I wanted to see what was wrong. "How could you! You can't just go and drink a prisoners blood without any permission!" The king yelled, pointing to Joey's empty cell.

"What! It wasn't me!" Archie pleaded. I felt slightly sorry for him, but the eighteen years I've been stuck with him teasing me, kind of numbed the guiltiness.

"Well, all the prisoners said they saw you come in here and take him away." The king said. "You'll be punished later, now leave."

"Thank you," I mouthed to the prisoners.

***

Haley's P.O.V

Tears streamed down my face, Brooke, she, she is dead!

"Brooke?" I asked hopelessly.

"Yeah?" Brooke replied. My heart froze. What the fuck, she just answered. Her eyes opened, and she crawled to her feet.

"What? What just happened?" I stuttered, hugging her tightly.

"Well, long story short, the vampires planned to drain my blood, but for some reason, I didn't die and I'm quite fine actually." She grinned.

"Wait, Brooke, there is only one logical way that your still alive, they must have changed you into a vampire." My heart sunk as the words came out, oh shit, it's all come to me. "We need to go, now." I said. Brooke was cold like a vampire and I couldn't hear her heart beat anymore, but I'll get her checked by the werewolves before I skip to conclusion.

"Then why did they think I was dead." She asked.

"Normally, human born children can't live through the change, unless they were born via vampires. I guess you could be rare." I said

We walked and walked and walked, until we reached the old fair ground. I saw Joey, he was sat on an old teacup ride. He sprinted over and hugged me tightly, he stared at Brooke in disbelief.

"Don't get too happy, I think they've changed her." I sighed. Joey's jaw dropped,

"No! Those jerks! I swear I'll rip them to pieces one day!" He yelled.

"Wow, you definitely have werewolf anger issues." I teased.

---

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! New one on the way! Also, if anyone has any ideas who I should cast as Archie, plz tell me ASAP!