Chapter. 17

Hi! Here's another chapter! Hope you enjoy. Another one will be on the way soon!

Chapter. 17

I rested my head on Tom's shoulder, as we watched the relaxing sunset reflection on a small lake. It was pretty cold, because even I was feeling the cold. It was the middle of winter here though. The trees looked gorgeous with the white icing of frost on them, it looked like finely sprinkled icing sugar over everywhere, including the grass.

"The lakes amazing at this time in the evening." Tom said,

"But the water must be freezing cold." I grinned.

"Do you want me to test your statement?" He laughed

"You would jump in that cold lake?" I snorted,

"If you came with me," he grinned.

"No!" I said quickly.

"Why? Are you too scared?" He laughed

"No!" I said shoving him playfully. "You don't have long hair to dry, and you feel no temperature at all! It's freezing! Even for me." I laughed. "But I still wanna see you get all wet." I laughed

"Fine," he said standing up and taking his shirt off. He was fit, I had to admit that, though I had a feeling he just wanted to show off his six pack.

"Real mature." I grinned, sarcastically.

"You love it really." He grinned. He bent down and picked me up in his arms.

"I'm not going in the lake." I squealed.

"Come on, I promise it won't be that cold." He laughed, putting me down. I grinned and shoved him in, but he grabbed hold of my arm as he fell. I felt the shock of the cold water hit me as we both fell in.

"You said it wouldn't be cold!" I squealed.

"Did I?" He laughed.

"What are they gunna say when I turn up soaked to the bone." I grinned.

"Just tell 'em it was my fault." He grinned, holding me in his arms.

"I can't tell them about you, they'll kill me," I grinned.

"Get dry quickly then." He laughed

"What if they catch me." I said. He bent down, his lips almost on mine.

"I've found her!" A voice yelled. "Haley, get over here right now and get away from that monster!" I realised it was Alfie. I slowly swum over to the shore and Tom and I both climbed out.

"Alfie, it's fine, he's not bad-" I started.

"Save it, traitor." He said to me, " Leave my lil' sis alone." Alfie said threateningly to Tom.

"Who are you?" Tom asked, not at all threatened by him.

"Her brother." Alfie snarled back.

"Your her brother, does that make you a werewolf too?" He challenged.

"Save it cold blood. I never want to see you two together again." He warned. "Haley, get your fucking butt outta here."

"No!" I said, walking closer to Tom.

"It's fine, Haley." Tom said, "I don't wanna cause trouble with you and your brother." He said.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I whispered to Tom.

"No you won't." Alfie said, grabbing me and walking away.

***

"What were you thinking!" Alfie yelled at me