Chapter. 18

Dedicated to Bella11245

Chapter. 18

I lay awake due to the guilt that filled my body. First I left Joey, then I said I loved Tom as well as Joey, and on top of all of that, I left my own kind behind. I was sleeping in Tom's apartment, even though he was on the terrace upstairs, drinking with some school friends. I knew that vampires could drink alcohol, but it never made sense to me why they couldn't just live off it instead of blood. I can't blame him for not wanting to stay in the bedroom with me because vampires don't sleep, so that would be a long twelve hours of watching me sleep. I finally gave up with sleeping and climbed out of bed, before wandering upstairs to get a glass of water. I was in the same clothes as yesterday, I had no other clothes, so I guess I'll have to go out and buy some more. Once I reached the tap, I tried turning it on, but a hand beat me to it.

"Thirsty?" Tom asked. I nodded as an answer. "You can come outside with the rest of us, if you want?" He said

"No it's fine, I don't drink alcohol." I smiled weakly,

"You know, for somebody as rebellious as you, you would think that you would drink." He laughed. "I can always make you just a weak gin and tonic." He grinned.

"No," I protested, holding back a smile.

"Anyway, the only flowing water I have here is undrinkable as it saves money, but luckily, I brought some bottled water for you." He grinned, heading towards the fridge and taking out a bottle. It shocked me how much alcohol he had shoved in that fridge. "Why don't you come out for a bit? It's obvious you don't want to sleep." He said, taking my hand in his.

"Fine, just for a bit though." I said, following him through the glass doors. There were no free seats so I had to sit on his lap, though I had a feeling that's what he was aiming for.

"Guys, this is Haley." Tom introduced, "Haley, this is Luther, Joe, Mark and John." It was obvious the four other guys were drunk as anything, as some muttered things you couldn't understand, another boy missed the table and dropped his glass which shattered into millions of pieces, then you looked at the table. Twelve empty wine bottles, five empty vodka bottles, three empty gin bottles and an uncountable amount of empty beer bottles, were all cramped onto the table.

"I think I'll go back to bed." I whispered to Tom. He grinned, obviously knowing the reason why I wanted to leave.

"I'll come up when they're gone." He whispered back and I swiftly exited the terrace. I lay back down on the bed, my eyes blurry with sleepiness. In seconds they fell shut.

***

I saw Brooke with Joey a few metres behind her, but suddenly Brooke walked forwards before saying, "this is for leaving us and letting the vampires take us away," in a voice that didn't belong to her. Joey then stepped forwards and said,

"I thought we had feelings for each other? Why did you go and cheat on me. This is what you get in return, a life of guilt." Joey said, but it wasn't his voice. Suddenly Joey and Brooke both pulled out a knife and shoved it into their hearts, I screamed.

I panicked and woke up, realising it was just a dream. Tom was by my side, trying to comfort me.

"Haley, are you okay? You started screaming." He asked alarmed.

"It was.... Just a nightmare." I said, still breathing heavily.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" He asked. I shook my head, he didn't need to know about the guilt I've been having. He stood up and climbed into the other side of the double bed. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him, "don't worry, I'll fight off the bad dreams." He whispered. I forced a weak smile out, but I was grateful he was there.